Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole home system, receivers won't accept some remote commands,delays

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HeadHunterSLC

HeadHunterSLC

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

This happens on either reciever, either remote. Remote will work fine,then the only thing I can do is guide and exit. Nothing else will work until about 60 seconds later, the receiver will run every command you I input while it wasn't responding. Again, menu ,guide and exit work at any time,so the remote is communicating, but I cant change a channel or move up and down a guide.

I've restarted both recievers and the router and it still persists. I find it most strange because its my H25 and my HR24-700. Same problem. This is only two weeks old but getting worse.

Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,728 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

Ok can you describe your System in full detail?

Also you could.....

disconnect from the Internet and see if the issue pops up for a while could be something else causing it.

Has anything else in your home network changed recently?

Do you have upnp turned on it off on your router? Try turning it off.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,468 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

Are any of your DirecTV remotes RF?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   HeadHunterSLC

HeadHunterSLC

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

Both are rc64 with RF. Should I switch one to IR for a time?

The system is just the two units, a  HR24-700 and an upstairs H25 connected with the DTV router. No genie or anything.

I've disconnected the DTV whole home router when restarting all the machine, then i brought the machines up and then the router. I'll try leaving internet off.  

#5 OFFLINE   HeadHunterSLC

HeadHunterSLC

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

The only other issue, but I can't seem to relate it was about a month ago my HR24 froze on a restart and I ran diagnostics and ended up doing a long fix (can't remember which one but it took 8 hours) to get the HD working right again. I wouldn't think there is a correlation as my H25 is experiencing the exact problem, so i can't imagine a prior issue with the HD on the HR24 would affect the H25

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Sure, I would try RF with the HR24 at least since the H25 needs an external RF antenna

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

The only other issue, but I can't seem to relate it was about a month ago my HR24 froze on a restart and I ran diagnostics and ended up doing a long fix (can't remember which one but it took 8 hours) to get the HD working right again. I wouldn't think there is a correlation as my H25 is experiencing the exact problem, so i can't imagine a prior issue with the HD on the HR24 would affect the H25

Hmmmm, 

Run the Built in Self-test (BIST) to try and repair your hard drive. To run the hard drive checks, please follow these steps:

* Reboot DVR via red button inside card door.
* When you see "Running receiver self-check" press select
* You will see "Entering Diagnostics Mode..."
* Select Advanced Tests Menu -> Hard Drive utilities -> Short Smart test

You can also run the file test, and the DVR can sometimes repair a bad file report.
* If the other tests pass, run the surface test.   Warning: This process could take several hours to complete. You may want to run it overnight.

The good news is that every attempt is made to save programming. This is less destructive than a reformat all and could provide you with a more stable system if you are having problems that appear to be related to the hard drive.  

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#8 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,907 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

The system is just the two units, a  HR24-700 and an upstairs H25 connected with the DTV router. No genie or anything.

I've disconnected the DTV whole home router when restarting all the machine, then i brought the machines up and then the router. I'll try leaving internet off.  

And to avoid any confusion to followers of this thread, as well to satisfy any networking purists among us. :)

DIRECTV WH over coax has no "routers," but you're probably referring to the "Cinema Connection Kit" (CCK), which is actually a "bridge" not a router. Of the coax MoCA to ethernet type.

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#9 OFFLINE   HeadHunterSLC

HeadHunterSLC

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

And to avoid any confusion to followers of this thread, as well to satisfy any networking purists among us. :)

DIRECTV WH over coax has no "routers," but you're probably referring to the "Cinema Connection Kit" (CCK), which is actually a "bridge" not a router. Of the coax MoCA to ethernet type.

Yeah, figured I was wrong in that description.

#10 OFFLINE   HeadHunterSLC

HeadHunterSLC

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

I ran the tests. Everything came back except the Memory Test which gave me error 0006 N/A. I'll research that now

spam firewall