Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

2013-2014 NHL Center Ice

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

#376 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

For those who have had a similar problem, there is hope as I reported in the DVR thread on the 797 software for HR44:

I got 797 [the latest software version] on my HR44 yesterday morning. I was not home until relatively late in the evening and saw that my "DVR has been updated."  I have been having a problem recording games on NHL CI where if I try to start watching after the game has begun, the recording will start with an error message that "all or part of this program did not record.  Scanning for recorded content."  It would then jump not to the beginning of the broadcast but to the end.  So, last night I set it to record a hockey game at 10 pm on NHL CI, and then started watching it 20 minutes after the recording started.  Luckily, the new software seems to have solved this problem.  I still got the message that the program did not record, but instead of jumping to the end, it started at the beginning.  I hope this is indeed a fix and continues with other recordings.

If others are having this problem, you might see what happens when you are able to get the new software.

SMK

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#377 OFFLINE   austen0316

austen0316

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts
  • LocationRobbinsville, NJ

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Was shocked to see the CSN Philly feed along with the Sabres. Keep the CSN Philly feed coming!!!!!

#378 OFFLINE   je4755

je4755

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

Was shocked to see the CSN Philly feed along with the Sabres. Keep the CSN Philly feed coming!!!!!

Yes, and the Senators game earlier this week. Don't know why DirecTV decided to show both the Buffalo and Philadelphia feeds but hope, echoing the quoted post, availability of CSN Philly broadcasts persists. 

#379 OFFLINE   jborchel

jborchel

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Last night I was denied recording the Sharks - Tampa Bay game even though I was able to watch it live. When I pressed the record button I was asked if I wanted the 30 minute extension and answered yes. However, when I went to the List the recording did not show up. I went to the Guide and there was the orange R circle but it had a red circle with a whiteish diagonal line overlapping the lower right portion of the recording symbol.  I live in Southern California so there was no local rules to worry about. Does anyone know what was happening.

#380 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

last night the rangers played the preds. The game was on one of the MSG overflow channels in HD, and the CI channel had the game starting at 6:30 central instead of 7. I set a manual record from 7 until 11 last night and also selected the game to record starting at 6: as that was the schedule in the guide. My playlist had both recordings, but both were blank. I called D*, I was told the garbage from the protection plan guy that you can't record some games because of copyright. I also set a record for the rangers game two weeks ago against Columbus that was on NHL Network, that recording was cancelled, he told me that was a copyright issue as well, because you can't record a game on the NHL Network, I asked him how I was able to record last night's caps leafs game...... Where do they get these guys and how do they train them? 

#381 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,881 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

Rogers reaches 12-year broadcast deal with NHL worth $5.2-billion

http://www.theglobea...1&click=dlvr.it

http://ca.sports.yah...-225401414.html

I hope D* can get the HD feeds next year.

Edited by TheRatPatrol, 26 November 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#382 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

No more TSN eh', so much for diversity.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#383 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

So basically beginning in 2014 the NHL will only have to negotiate with one company to get all Canadian games in HD.

#384 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 712 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

So basically beginning in 2014 the NHL will only have to negotiate with one company to get all Canadian games in HD.

If they cared at all, the NHL could have just made that part of the contract.  Although to be fair, we don't know if they did that or not yet.

#385 OFFLINE   blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone

Godfather

• Registered
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

games will still be on cbc although rogers has 100 percent control of it.

tsn and rds will do a sampling of regional coverage. Rds lost around 60 habs games also

TVA will do most of the french habs games going forward

#386 OFFLINE   FLWingNut

FLWingNut

Godfather

• Registered
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Last night I was denied recording the Sharks - Tampa Bay game even though I was able to watch it live. When I pressed the record button I was asked if I wanted the 30 minute extension and answered yes. However, when I went to the List the recording did not show up. I went to the Guide and there was the orange R circle but it had a red circle with a whiteish diagonal line overlapping the lower right portion of the recording symbol. I live in Southern California so there was no local rules to worry about. Does anyone know what was happening.

Sounds like a conflict with something else recording at the same time. Did you check the History?

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#387 OFFLINE   tbirds118

tbirds118

Mentor

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Blackhawks on WGN tonight so that HD feed listed for their game vs Calgary should be TSN, right?

Also, no HD for Sens v Caps or Leafs v Penguins? Seems odd. Must be a mistake on the DirecTV site. 

http://sports.direct...13_11.htm#day27

#388 OFFLINE   blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone

Godfather

• Registered
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

Blackhawks on WGN tonight so that HD feed listed for their game vs Calgary should be TSN, right?

Also, no HD for Sens v Caps or Leafs v Penguins? Seems odd. Must be a mistake on the DirecTV site. 

according to the guide, the hawks/flames is only on 785 in SD. Probably TSN I would guess

pens and leafs is only on 780 and 780-1. That has to be the pens feed I would guess

sens and caps is only on 784 and 784-1. That has to be the caps feed I would guess

#389 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,881 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

You can't always trust the online guide, its been off lately.

#390 OFFLINE   Chilcoot

Chilcoot

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

What's so unusual about tonight's Blackhawks-Flames game that it's not available on Directv in HD?

#391 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

What's so unusual about tonight's Blackhawks-Flames game that it's not available on Directv in HD?

OTA feed and TSN?

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#392 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

What about TSN Jets, TSN Habs, leafs tv? and other TSN will continue with its regional coverage

Now will WGN still be unblacked out on most systems even when they are showing an Canadian team even if it's the local team?

But seeing how rogers uses directv for NFL ST and now the rogers will take control of center ice in Canada maybe they can use directv to get the US feeds and they can give directv all of the rogers feeds.

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 27 November 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#393 OFFLINE   blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone

Godfather

• Registered
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

there are never any wgn blackouts in canada.

#394 OFFLINE   wilsonc

wilsonc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

What about TSN Jets, TSN Habs, leafs tv? and other TSN will continue with its regional coverage.

TSN Jets will continue to have the Jets games. Their contract goes though 2022.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

#395 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

TSN Jets will continue to have the Jets games. Their contract goes though 2022.

or they can just fold it in to the main TSN feeds

#396 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Oilers/Predators is a sportsnet  backhaul with no commercials inserted

• fireponcoal likes this

#397 OFFLINE   tbirds118

tbirds118

Mentor

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

You can't always trust the online guide, its been off lately.

Clearly. I would have looked at my OSG but I wasn't home at the time and I have the CI page on the DTV website bookmarked.

#398 OFFLINE   je4755

je4755

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Another CSN Philly broadcast today! Especially enjoyable to watch as the Flyers won (in no small measure thanks to Couturier and Mason).

#399 OFFLINE   wilsonc

wilsonc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

or they can just fold it in to the main TSN feeds

Can't see that happening. There are 500,000 subscribers to TSN Jets each paying $10 a month for 7 months during the hockey season. That would be a lot of revenue they would be giving up.

#400 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

Can't see that happening. There are 500,000 subscribers to TSN Jets each paying $10 a month for 7 months during the hockey season. That would be a lot of revenue they would be giving up.

well with the loss of rights they may be willing to push it to the main feed is just to fill space.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...