Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

2013-2014 NHL Center Ice

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

#501 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

in round 1 games are for the most part on local RSN's only some are NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, and NHLN only.

In Round 2 and later they may not want to use nhl network much as they can end locking out local fan's who don't get that channel at all or need to buy a sports pack to get it.

Also why you want to keep the old choice extra

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 15 April 2014 - 01:23 PM.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#502 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

I guess in short it won't be good for me if the Rangers go into OT.

SMK

#503 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 662 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

NHL network

Ken Daniels, play-by-play guy for the Red Wings, is doing game 1 with Pierre McGuire.

good, then Pierre can continue his very serious bromance with Ryan McDonaugh

#504 OFFLINE   FLWingNut

FLWingNut

Godfather

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

in round 1 games are for the most part on local RSN's only some are NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, and NHLN only.

In Round 2 and later they may not want to use nhl network much as they can end locking out local fan's who don't get that channel at all or need to buy a sports pack to get it.

Also why you want to keep the old choice extra

Actually every game is available nationally. Since Center Ice ends at the end of the regular season now, they had to put all if round one on a national network. Back a few years ago, games not available nationally were on CI, which for me was critical since I'm out of market for the Wings.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#505 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

PIP is coming in handy tonight. :D

#506 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

I hadn't checked it before because my RSN is showing the Tampa/Montreal game, but CNBC is showing the CBC feed of the same game -- and it's not blacked out for me.  Sweet.

#507 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

They announced on NBCSN that the beginning of the Ducks/Stars game would be on NHL network.  But it isn't yet.....

I hate the first couple of days of the playoffs..... 

#508 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

They announced on NBCSN that the beginning of the Ducks/Stars game would be on NHL network.  But it isn't yet.....

I hate the first couple of days of the playoffs..... 

It would have been, except the Pans/Jackets game ended before the Ducks/Stars game started, so there was no overlap.

NBC has, in my experience, done a poor job communicating where games will be in case of overflow.  Sometimes you hear that a game will start on another network when it turns out to be unnecessary, while other times you don't learn about the overflow coverage until after the late game has started.  I try to be proactive and anticipate the possibility of overflow coverage, setting up manual recordings on NHL Network (for example(, so I don't have to do any unnecessary channel flipping.

#509 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Wow some great games on tonight. Thank goodness for PIP. ;)

#510 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 888 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

220-1 ( NBCSN + ) had the LA/San Jose game last night

#511 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

I don't understand why NBCSN isn't using their overflow channel every night for the double header games. This would prevent people from having to switch over the NHLN and then back again once the first game is over, also would help those who would want to record that specific game. They could set it up to record on the overflow channel and not have to worry about switching back and forth, especially if they're not home.

And so much for D* mirroring CNBC on 220-2.

Other than that, are you guys enjoying the games? I am, some great games so far. :)

Edited by TheRatPatrol, 23 April 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#512 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

I don't understand why NBCSN isn't using their overflow channel every night for the double header games. This would prevent people from having to switch over the NHLN and then back again once the first game is over, also would help those who would want to record that specific game. They could set it up to record on the overflow channel and not have to worry about switching back and forth, especially if they're not home.

Other than that, are you guys enjoying the games? I am, some great games so far. :)

they better not mess up round 2 and later.

#513 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:36 AM

Wednesday game times

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League today announced updated start time information for the First Round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The starting time for a potential Game 7 of the series between the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers, if necessary, has been set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 30, in New York. In the U.S., the game would be seen on NBCSN, MSG and CSN Philadelphia. In Canada, the game would be televised on TSN and RDSI.

The starting time for Game 7 of the series between the Colorado Avalanche and Minnesota Wild has been set for 9:30 p.m. ET/8:30 p.m. CT/7:30 p.m. MT on Wednesday, April 30, in Colorado. In the U.S. outside of the Colorado and Minnesota markets, the game will be seen on CNBC. In Canada, the game will be on TSN and RDS2.

The starting time for Game 7 of the series between the San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings has been set for 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT on Wednesday, April 30, in San Jose. In the U.S., the game will be televised on NBCSN outside of the San Jose and Los Angeles markets. In Canada, the game will be televised on CBC and RDS.

#514 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

If I remember correctly, the overflow channel (220-1) was provided on days that had four games scheduled at night, which meant it was possible for all games to be going on at once.  With only three cable networks covering the NHL playoffs, an outlet needed to be provided for the fourth game should they all overlap.  That never actually happened, though, so 220-1 was never actually needed.

It would absolutely be convenient for the second half of a doubleheader to have its own feed for DVR recording, but that's not how these channels are programmed.  ESPN works exactly the same way, having people switch to ESPN2 or ESPNEWS or ESPNU or even ESPN3.com for overflow coverage of games.  Do not expect a channel, who prefers live viewership, to make it convenient for the DVR user.

Personally, I worked around this by setting up recordings on NHL Network whenever the potential existed for overflow.  On same days I needed it, but on other I was able to trash the recording without viewing it.  I had enough tuners on my HR44-500 to record everything I wanted, including NHLN.

#515 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

Why can't NBCSN use the ALT feed for overlaps like some RSN's do.

Some RSN trun the alt feed to be safe if there is a small chance of over lap and it's the comcasts own CSN's that do that.

at least give dish, direct, u-verse the reverse mirror alt feeds so there viewer can see all games as right now they have NHLNET in a higher tear and or not at all.

NBCSN says that people in CHI and MIN will get auto moved to that game but others will not get it at all??. Right with the on screen stuff saying all games to all viewers.

So there are 2 NBCSN feeds but why is overflow on directv not being used?

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 02 May 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#516 OFFLINE   FLWingNut

FLWingNut

Godfather

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

Overflow goes to NHL network. That's where everyone except Chicago and Minn could get the start of that game. A PITA for DVR users, but I no longer care, since the Wings are done. :(

#517 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

i wish in 1st round they would go back to Playoffs on the Center Ice Channels

#518 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,956 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

Why can't NBCSN use the ALT feed for overlaps like some RSN's do.

Some RSN trun the alt feed to be safe if there is a small chance of over lap and it's the comcasts own CSN's that do that.

at least give dish, direct, u-verse the reverse mirror alt feeds so there viewer can see all games as right now they have NHLNET in a higher tear and or not at all.

NBCSN says that people in CHI and MIN will get auto moved to that game but others will not get it at all??. Right with the on screen stuff saying all games to all viewers.

So there are 2 NBCSN feeds but why is overflow on directv not being used?

Did they not in a case? I know that when the multiple overtime game happened, the west coast game was on nbcsn alternate channel even though the nbc people didn't talk about. I don't think they are paying attention to what happens on satellite and are talking to cable people.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#519 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 662 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

Overflow goes to NHL network. That's where everyone except Chicago and Minn could get the start of that game. A PITA for DVR users, but I no longer care, since the Wings are done. :(

actually, here in Chicago, or at least the far north burbs, D* left the Rangers game on 220 last friday through the overtime. Not sure what would have happened had it not ended quick, but ti did end, I think, after the puck drop 40 miles from here. 

#520 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

Tonight's Montreal Boston game on NBC sports has been in the guide as "to be announced".  I set it to record. Now the guide data has changed to show it is Montreal Boston. So because the episode data has changed, it's not set to record. Good thing I checked.

#521 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

Tonight's Montreal Boston game on NBC sports has been in the guide as "to be announced".  I set it to record. Now the guide data has changed to show it is Montreal Boston. So because the episode data has changed, it's not set to record. Good thing I checked.

That aggravates the hell out of me.  I have seen it where a game will be on an alternate channel with a time listed of 5pm - 11pm and I set it to record.  Then the game gets closer and they change the time to 5pm - 7:30pm in the guide and my record of the earlier listing gets canceled.  Records should never be canceled due to a guide change, if the wrong thing happens to get recorded, no big deal, you just delete it.  When you miss something, that's a big deal!

#522 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 666 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

Does anyone know what NBC is going to do if today's game goes into the Preakness time slot?  Will they continue to show it, or are they going to switch to NHL-N or NBCSN?

SMK

#523 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

Spoiler

Protected By... spam firewall...And...