Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

2013-2014 NHL Center Ice

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

#461 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,766 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Edmonton HD feed tonight.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#462 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

Rogers having exclusive control over C.I. in Canada makes me worried that a Comcast C.I. exclusive in the USA could happen given the cozy relationship between Comcast and the NHL.

#463 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

Edmonton HD feed tonight.

Yeah. It appears the Sportsnet HD feeds are now being included. Interestingly, TSN is the only one that appears to still be SD only.  And TSN is gone next year anyway, so next year, it's likely that pretty much all C.I. games will be in HD.

Hopefully, with the new C.I. contract, the NHL forces all HD feeds to be made available to all providers -- a la MLB.

#464 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

Yeah. It appears the Sportsnet HD feeds are now being included. Interestingly, TSN is the only one that appears to still be SD only.  And TSN is gone next year anyway, so next year, it's likely that pretty much all C.I. games will be in HD.

Hopefully, with the new C.I. contract, the NHL forces all HD feeds to be made available to all providers -- a la MLB.

TSN still has regional rights.

What about Sportsnet one and it's sub feeds?

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#465 OFFLINE   austen0316

austen0316

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts
  • LocationRobbinsville, NJ

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Slightly impressed by these Flyers feeds.......... lol

#466 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

Having watched a lot of the Olympics and now watching the NHL again, I can truly say I prefer the game on smaller ice.  Every talks about how fast the game is on the larger surface with more passing, finesse, skill, etc.  I didn't see it and think there is much more exciting play and body contact on the smaller ice.

Just my opinion.

SMK

#467 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Having watched a lot of the Olympics and now watching the NHL again, I can truly say I prefer the game on smaller ice.  Every talks about how fast the game is on the larger surface with more passing, finesse, skill, etc.  I didn't see it and think there is much more exciting play and body contact on the smaller ice.

Just my opinion.

SMK

Agree... I listened to a radio interview with Matt Duchene(Avs/Canada) and he said playing on the big ice surface just slows the game down, becomes a defensive type game, as witnessed by the last couple of games over there being 1-0,2-1 games. He also made the comment about NHL ice size makes the game more fun for him. He had a thought that if they would play Soccer on a smaller field it would be more exciting also. Tend to agree with him....

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#468 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:27 AM

Agree... I listened to a radio interview with Matt Duchene(Avs/Canada) and he said playing on the big ice surface just slows the game down, becomes a defensive type game, as witnessed by the last couple of games over there being 1-0,2-1 games. He also made the comment about NHL ice size makes the game more fun for him. He had a thought that if they would play Soccer on a smaller field it would be more exciting also. Tend to agree with him....

Oh, you mean like they do in Portland. Their MLS team plays on a relatively small field and I'm not sure if the game is more exciting but the dynamic is quite different when viewing a game there. They even enlarged the pitch last season yet it's still small comparatively..

#469 OFFLINE   wilsonc

wilsonc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

Anyone noticed there is no 7 p.m. HNIC game this week on the schedule.  The only HNIC 7 p.m. game is Philadelphia at Toronto and according the schedule posted on the Center Ice page at Directv.com, the game will only be on 772 and 772-1.  Since it is not on 769 and 769-1, that would lead me to believe that is a CSN feed.  I know the Guide is never really update till Thursday or Friday for HNIC games ( the 3 p.m. Sens at Jets game isn't loaded up, but is on the schedule), the schedule is usually accurate this far out.

#470 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

Anyone noticed there is no 7 p.m. HNIC game this week on the schedule.  The only HNIC 7 p.m. game is Philadelphia at Toronto and according the schedule posted on the Center Ice page at Directv.com, the game will only be on 772 and 772-1.  Since it is not on 769 and 769-1, that would lead me to believe that is a CSN feed.  I know the Guide is never really update till Thursday or Friday for HNIC games ( the 3 p.m. Sens at Jets game isn't loaded up, but is on the schedule), the schedule is usually accurate this far out.

This happens frequently.  I often see only one HNIC game (usually the late game) in the schedule on 769 when I look during the week.  However, by the time Saturday rolls around, an early game gets added to the guide along with the post game.

#471 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,766 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

SportsNet West HD feed tonight (Calagry feed). Looks like we're finally getting all of the SportsNet feeds in HD.
  • fireponcoal likes this

#472 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

SportsNet West HD feed tonight (Calagry feed). Looks like we're finally getting all of the SportsNet feeds in HD.

Looks like they plan to have Sports net west HD and TSN jets HD and Sports NET P HD?? on 3/6 maybe the guide is off shows Stars feed for HD 2 times and SNET-P SD

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#473 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

Looks like they plan to have Sports net west HD and TSN jets HD and Sports NET P HD?? on 3/6 maybe the guide is off shows Stars feed for HD 2 times and SNET-P SD

It's most encouraging to see additional Canadian HD feeds.  It will be interesting to see if this continues. Next year remains a bit of a mystery as the CBC becomes a less important player.  Here's hoping that we will continue to see development in this area.

#474 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

We haven't seen SportsNet East (Senators) yet, have we?  The other three have shown up, though.  SportsNet Pacific was added at around the start of the season, and now SportsNet West has been added right after the Olympic break (of course, SportsNet Ontario has been around in HD for a few years now.)

#475 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Always make me happy to see a Sportsnet West HD feed. Things finally seem to be changing for the better..

#476 OFFLINE   wilsonc

wilsonc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

It's not TSN Jets.  CBC is doing a special Thursday night game, otherwise we would never have the Jets feed.

#477 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,347 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Things finally seem to be changing for the better..

I think every year the number of HD feeds and games has improved.

#478 OFFLINE   wilsonc

wilsonc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

This happens frequently.  I often see only one HNIC game (usually the late game) in the schedule on 769 when I look during the week.  However, by the time Saturday rolls around, an early game gets added to the guide along with the post game.

But the schedule on the D* Center Ice page always has the schedule correct, even though the guide doesn't.  The Center Ice page still shows only one feed of of Philly/Toronto (the only 7 p.m. HNIC game) only on 772 and -1.

#479 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

But the schedule on the D* Center Ice page always has the schedule correct, even though the guide doesn't.  The Center Ice page still shows only one feed of of Philly/Toronto (the only 7 p.m. HNIC game) only on 772 and -1.

Well, I can't speak for the online listings, which I learned a long time ago never to trust as they frequently have errors (either missing games, games on the wrong channel, or dual feeds that aren't available).  On the on-screen guide, I see three (3) games on 769 and 769-1 this Saturday, including the game you're talking about.

#480 OFFLINE   Chilcoot

Chilcoot

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

I have complained in the past about how NHLCI has done such a terrible job of bringing Canadian HD feeds to the US. If that is indeed now fixed, big ups to DTV and NHLCI.

Go Calgary Go!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...