Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

2013-2014 NHL Center Ice

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

Does anyone know if the NHLN is included as part of the NHLCI free preview?

The NHLN is included in CI, so it should be included during the free preview. I haven't seen an official DirecTV announcement (but I also haven't checked my messages on any of my DVRs).

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#102 OFFLINE   austen0316

austen0316

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts
  • LocationRobbinsville, NJ

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

anyone know when the schedule will be up on the directv website?

#103 OFFLINE   Grafixguy

Grafixguy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

http://www.directv.c...s/nhl_schedules

#104 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,601 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

No mix channel or even the old one they used for the past 8 years or so, are shown in the 700's on the guide.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#105 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 661 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

anyone know when the schedule will be up on the directv website?

Not that I really care, but it looks like they are going to show Flyers feeds in HD along with the HD feed of the other team, time to check the temperature in hell? 

#106 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

The Times Union (Albany NY) says this about this season on CI:

Included in the package this season:

• Multi-screen mosaic: A rotating mosaic of multiple screens that shows all the live action games being played around the league, along with score, time clock and channel location, is back.
  • Same-day replays: Each live game is re-aired beginning approximately one hour after live play ends. Each game will replay in its entirety, repeated continuously overnight and the next day, on the same channel, until the following day’s live games begin.
  • Dual-feed telecasts: Whenever possible, both the home and visiting team broadcasts will be shown.
  • Stat channel: A live source for scores, statistics, game previews, game recaps and schedule information is offered.
  • HD games: The package also offers many games each week in high definition. HD availability varies by system.Others report that some providers have been broadcasting the multi-screen channel and same-day replays on their CI channels. But not DirecTV . 

Others report some providers have been showing the same-day replays and multi-screen mosaics on their CI channels.  But not DirecTV. 

http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/free-preview-of-nhl-center-ice-to-span-19-days/13541/

#107 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Pens' visit to West Point puts hockey in perspective

WEST POINT, N.Y. -- The comment from Army hockey coach Brian Riley consisted of 13 words. It left the 26 players that the Pittsburgh Penguins brought to the United States Military Academy speechless.

"I don't like to lose games," Riley told the Penguins upon their arrival at the West Point campus Friday, "but my greatest fear is losing players."

Article: http://www.nhl.com/i...9&cmpid=nhl-twt

#108 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

The Times Union (Albany NY) says this about this season on CI:

Others report some providers have been showing the same-day replays and multi-screen mosaics on their CI channels.  But not DirecTV. 

http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/free-preview-of-nhl-center-ice-to-span-19-days/13541/

That's the cable one and dual feeds / mosaics are limited by bandwith.

Also very few cable systems have all 9 HD feeds.

Directv one is mostly RSN remaps.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#109 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 724 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

Not that I really care, but it looks like they are going to show Flyers feeds in HD along with the HD feed of the other team, time to check the temperature in hell? 

Don't believe it until the game actually airs, over the last few years they list a lot of HD feeds for games that are absent when the game actually starts.

#110 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Don't believe it until the game actually airs, over the last few years they list a lot of HD feeds for games that are absent when the game actually starts.

In addition, there have been more dual feeds during the free preview at the start of the season and then they disappear.  I'm grateful to the user here who posted the link to the schedule.  To  see just how much DirecTV cares about hockey the schedule page is not linked from the NHL CI Homepage, or at least I can't find it.  Also, where is their promised of the NHL Network.  They've started charging me for the package but I still don't have the NHL Network in my programming.

Edited by Peter305, 01 October 2013 - 08:47 AM.

#111 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,601 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

In addition, here have been more dual feeds during the free preview at the start of the season and then they disappear.  I'm grateful to the user here who posted the link to the schedule.  To  see just how much DirecTV cares about hockey the schedule page is not linked from the NHL CI Homepage, or at least I can't find it.  Also, where is their promised of the NHL Network.  They've started charging me for the package but I still don't have the NHL Network in my programming.

They have been good with dual feeds, except for when Canadian teams play US teams, but sometimes we still get the Canadian feed in SD, along with the US feed.  If NHL network is not part of your regular programing I am sure you will see it once the season starts. As it is part of the package, and it hasn't started yet.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#112 OFFLINE   wilsonc

wilsonc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Tomorrow night's Jets vs Oilers is now listed in HD on 769-1.  It was not showing that yesterday.  Now, actually having the game and not a D* slide are two different things.  We'll see what happens....

#113 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,916 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Tomorrow night's Jets vs Oilers is now listed in HD on 769-1.  It was not showing that yesterday.  Now, actually having the game and not a D* slide are two different things.  We'll see what happens....

Those are CBC feeds, so we will most likely have it in HD.

#114 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

Also, where is their promised of the NHL Network.  They've started charging me for the package but I still don't have the NHL Network in my programming.

D* took its sweet time to turn it on for me.  I checked at 11 PM last night and NHL N wasn't on for me.  It is this morning when I checkd as of an hour ago.  I guess since the season starts today, they finally added it for those who have NHL CI.

It does appear that there will be more HD feeds from Canada if the D* website's schedule is correct.  In particular, on Saturday it shows both CBC games in HD.  In the past only one CBC was shown on Saturdays.

SMK

#115 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

Are TSN feeds not in HD on Directv?  That would seem like a feed worth uploading -- like Rogers SportsNet Ontario already is due to the Blue Jays.  There are a lot of games on TSN.  Furthermore, aren't Raptors games on TSN?  So they could be benefiting both NBA LP and NHL CI.

I agree that Rogers SportsNet Pacific or West may not be worth the $ and hassle, but TSN is the ESPN of Canada.

#116 OFFLINE   Grafixguy

Grafixguy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

In particular, on Saturday it shows both CBC games in HD.  In the past only one CBC was shown on Saturdays.

Um, what? We've gotten all CBC HD telecasts for the last few years. I can't remember the last time it is SD for CBC.

#117 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

D* took its sweet time to turn it on for me. I checked at 11 PM last night and NHL N wasn't on for me. It is this morning when I checkd as of an hour ago. I guess since the season starts today, they finally added it for those who have NHL CI.

It does appear that there will be more HD feeds from Canada if the D* website's schedule is correct. In particular, on Saturday it shows both CBC games in HD. In the past only one CBC was shown on Saturdays.

SMK

Since it is part of the CI package which starts today with the season , they didn't take their time turning it on.

Many of the CBC games were in HD last year. But yes , I'd like to get back to where both HNIC games were on the NHL network Saturday nights.

#118 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

Um, what? We've gotten all CBC HD telecasts for the last few years. I can't remember the last time it is SD for CBC.

It's been a few years since we received HNIC in SD, but what Roygbiv may have been referring to is that there have been a number of times where NHL Network showed the first game of the Saturday doubleheader, and the second game was on CI.  This was so that NHL Network could show 'On the Fly' at 10PM.

Sandra

#119 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

Are TSN feeds not in HD on Directv?  That would seem like a feed worth uploading -- like Rogers SportsNet Ontario already is due to the Blue Jays.  There are a lot of games on TSN.  Furthermore, aren't Raptors games on TSN?  So they could be benefiting both NBA LP and NHL CI.

I agree that Rogers SportsNet Pacific or West may not be worth the $ and hassle, but TSN is the ESPN of Canada.

Not only have TSN feeds not been in HD they often don't carry them in SD either.  This means that fairly frequently fans of Canadian teams have to watch an American feed if there team is playing.  Time will tell if they at least show more SD feeds this year.  I'm not holding my breath.

#120 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 500 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

According to this schedule, Thursdays game between Vancouver and San Jose shows two feeds, BOTH in SD. Disappointing again.

Edited by ep1974, 01 October 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#121 OFFLINE   pappy97

pappy97

Icon

• No PM's
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

According to this schedule, Thursdays game between Vancouver and San Jose shows two feeds, BOTH in SD.; Wish DT or NHLCI would treat the Candaian teams the same as U.S. based teams with regard to HD.

That schedule better be wrong as I'm an out of market Sharks fan.  Last season if a Sharks game was on CSN-CA HD (Their local affiliate Comcast Sports Network - California), that feed was available on NHLCI.  All Sharks games are in HD this season, second consecutive season.  I'm gonna be ticked if Thursday night I can't, with NHLCI, simply tune into CSN-CA HD and watch the Sharks iN HD.  In last season, I think even the last two seasons, I saw all Sharks games in HD, and all on CSN-CA HD feed unless the Sharks were on NHL Network or NBCSN.

It's been a few years since there was a situation where the Sharks were in HD locally on CSN-CA HD, but that HD feed was not on NHLCI. And even then, that only happened on rare occurrences in April when NHLCI, MLBEI, and NBALP overlapped.  I think the schedule is simply wrong and I bet the other NHLCI regulars here who knows the in's and out's of DirecTV NHLCI also believe the schedule is wrong.  They will have CSN-CA HD remapped to 780-1 or whatever the channel is for the Sharks feed.

I know that doesn't change the situation about DirecTV not picking up the TSN-HD feed, but it's better than nothing for fans of Canadian teams.

Edited by pappy97, 01 October 2013 - 09:19 AM.

My setup (TV + DirecTV):
Master Bedroom: LG 32" 120hz LCD TV, GENIE Client
Living room: Samsung 46" 120hz LED LCD TV 7000 series, GENIE Master
Dedicated HT: Epson 8700UB projector with 150" 16:9 painted on screen and 180" 2.4:1 painted on screen, HD-DVR (HR22), Denon AVR-890, Klipsch Icon Front Speakers, Center Speaker, and Klipsch Icon Floorstanders for side and rear speakers (6 total floorstanders), subwoofer is BIC America V-1220 12" down-firing sub

#122 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

That schedule better be wrong as I'm an out of market Sharks fan.  Last season if a Sharks game was on CSN-CA HD (Their local affiliate Comcast Sports Network - California), that feed was available on NHLCI.  All Sharks games are in HD this season, second consecutive season.  I'm gonna be ticked if Thursday night I can't, with NHLCI, simply tune into CSN-CA HD and watch the Sharks iN HD.  In last season, I think even the last two seasons, I saw all Sharks games in HD, and all on CSN-CA HD feed unless the Sharks were on NHL Network or NBCSN.

It's been a few years since there was a situation where the Sharks were in HD locally on CSN-CA HD, but that HD feed was not on NHLCI. And even then, that only happened on rare occurrences in April when NHLCI, MLBEI, and NBALP overlapped.  I think the schedule is simply wrong and I bet the other NHLCI regulars here who knows the in's and out's of DirecTV NHLCI also believe the schedule is wrong.  They will have CSN-CA HD remapped to 780-1 or whatever the channel is for the Sharks feed.

I know that doesn't change the situation about DirecTV not picking up the TSN-HD feed, but it's better than nothing for fans of Canadian teams.

I hope the schedule is wrong too since the HD feed is available in 600's. I wish that Directv would fix the package and have all HD feeds and have the IT team who does the schedule on the web include somebody who knows hockey. Some simple clean ups would make it a useable schedule.

#123 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

According to this schedule, Thursdays game between Vancouver and San Jose shows two feeds, BOTH in SD. Disappointing again.

There is only one channel shown - 780. So only one feed. Yes, listed as SD.

I also know if I look at the 17 games NBC is broadcasting, none if them are listed in HD. But they will all be in HD.

#124 OFFLINE   pappy97

pappy97

Icon

• No PM's
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

There is only one channel shown - 780. So only one feed. Yes, listed as SD.

I also know if I look at the 17 games NBC is broadcasting, none if them are listed in HD. But they will all be in HD.

See my post above and stoutman's reply, I believe the schedule is wrong.  CSN-CA has the Sharks feed in HD, which is likely the only feed on DirecTV NHLCI (actually I'll say it's the only feed for D NHLCI, period.  No way DirecTV's NHLCI is picking up TSN instead of a CSN-CA HD remap for the game).  There is no reason for it to not be HD.  This isn't April with NHLCI, MLBEI and NBALP competing for remapping spots. 

It wouldn't be the first time a DirecTV NHLCI schedule that is posted online was wrong about the Sharks in HD.  Except for games on NBCSN and NHLN, last season (and the one before that) I would watch/record the feed on CSN-CA HD on that channel.  Never had a problem.

P.S. I'm guessing the confusion from whoever did the schedule is that they forgot about CSN-CA HD and mistaken assumed the only feed was TSN-SD (even though they certainly won't use TSN with CSN-CA HD there).  Again, wouldn't be the first time the DirecTV NHLCI scheduler posted misinformation related to a Sharks feed.

Edited by pappy97, 01 October 2013 - 11:22 AM.

My setup (TV + DirecTV):
Master Bedroom: LG 32" 120hz LCD TV, GENIE Client
Living room: Samsung 46" 120hz LED LCD TV 7000 series, GENIE Master
Dedicated HT: Epson 8700UB projector with 150" 16:9 painted on screen and 180" 2.4:1 painted on screen, HD-DVR (HR22), Denon AVR-890, Klipsch Icon Front Speakers, Center Speaker, and Klipsch Icon Floorstanders for side and rear speakers (6 total floorstanders), subwoofer is BIC America V-1220 12" down-firing sub

#125 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Previous seasons have taught us not to rely on anything in the schedules, either positive or negative...especially early.

Sandra

• bwaldron and trh like this

Protected By... spam firewall...And...