Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How long Elmo have to return a DVR after a replacement arrives?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

How long do I have to return a DVR after a replacement arrives?

Few days? Week? Thanks

can delete a post now? Whats with this software too!!

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

Edited by gio12, 21 August 2013 - 04:47 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,232 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

Did they send you a return mailing label? If so, follow the instructions.

If not, you need to call DirecTV to get them to send you a recovery kit.

It is a lot easier to return the hardware now than it is to hold on to your unit and wait until they bill you. Getting that fee removed is a royal pain.

#3 ONLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

And for heaven sake, keep a record of the return tracking number because DirecTV return system internal documentation is the pits.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#4 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,242 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Don't plan on much over two weeks. I think the allowance is supposed to be three weeks but you need to account for shipping.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#5 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,232 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

I just found my last return instructions (dated 8/5/2013).  Paragraph 2:

Non-return fee [only applicable if you received a pre-paid return shipping label]

Please return your defective receiver including access card within 7 days or a $135 charge will be added to your account.

This was for an HR24 where the fan had stopped working and the unit wouldn't run because it was overheating.  They sent me another HR24 along with a return label.

Paragraph 3 was about recycling the defective receiver (if I didn't receive a pre-paid label, I didn't need to return my defective unit).

Not sure under what circumstances you fall under. But follow the instructions they gave you...... and if none received, call them. 

#6 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

Getting that fee removed is a royal pain.

Not really.  Once DirecTV receives the defective unit, charge is reversed

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,232 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

Not really.  Once DirecTV receives the defective unit, charge is reversed

Having gone through the process, it was a royal pain.  I returned the package three days after receiving the replacement unit. I had the receipt from the post office and online it showed that DirecTV received the package four days after that.  Yet two months later, a non-return fee showed up on my statement.  It took four phone calls including two 'supervisors' and 'retention' and the charge still wasn't removed.  I had to send an email to Ellen's office to get the charged reversed. 

Defining "once DirecTV receives the defective unit" was the problem.  Even though the USPS showed it was delivered, DirecTV had no record of receiving the unit.

#8 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

Pointing out the receiver is still active on the account gets the non-return fee canceled pretty quick.

:eek2:

#9 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:09 AM

Thanks guys. I will get it out today.

#10 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

Having gone through the process, it was a royal pain.  I returned the package three days after receiving the replacement unit. I had the receipt from the post office and online it showed that DirecTV received the package four days after that.  Yet two months later, a non-return fee showed up on my statement.  It took four phone calls including two 'supervisors' and 'retention' and the charge still wasn't removed.  I had to send an email to Ellen's office to get the charged reversed. 

Defining "once DirecTV receives the defective unit" was the problem.  Even though the USPS showed it was delivered, DirecTV had no record of receiving the unit.

I got a replacement receiver sent to me as well.  Right after I received it I had to leave the country for a few weeks. After I returned, I found a NRF on my bill.  all I did was promptly return the receiver and the fee was removed automatically.   no calls had to be made.  

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall