Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What happened to Speed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Joe166

Joe166

AllStar

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

I must admit that I haven't been watching it all that often now that they lost Formula 1, but I tune it in once in a while or at least look to see what motorsports program might be on, but tonight, when I went into my den to look at something, anything until the 11:00 news, 607 wasn't even on the guide.

Did I miss an announcement of some sort?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 995 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

I must admit that I haven't been watching it all that often now that they lost Formula 1, but I tune it in once in a while or at least look to see what motorsports program might be on, but tonight, when I went into my den to look at something, anything until the 11:00 news, 607 wasn't even on the guide.

Yes, you did.

#3 OFFLINE   Joe166

Joe166

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

Yes, you did.

Are you going to keep me in suspense? 

#4 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,399 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

607 speed turned into 219 Fox Sports 1,

Fuel TV 618 turned into Fox Sorts 2, no channel change

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

I don't know why people can't just give you an answer. Instead of just a dumb reply with no answer. Speed is now Fox Sports 1 on channel 219. It has been talked about in another thread.

#6 OFFLINE   Joe166

Joe166

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

I found the other thread, thanks.    I don't see how anyone can say that FS1 is in any way a substitute for the Speed Channel.   5 overweight guys giggling and laughing about sophomoric pranks during the good old days of "camp" (I assume they are not talking about summer camp in the catskills), is not in any way a replacement for a motor oriented channel.  I guess that when they lost Formula 1 they saw the handwriting on the wall.

So, I had my choice of an interminable conversation between guys who I would not ordinarily stop to pass the time of day, or a futbol match between Fenerbahce SK and Arsenal FC which I was assured was being played in "excellent tempo", but in which I had not the slightest interest.    And I watch soccer whenever I have an interest in either team.

Oh well.    Must not be that many gear heads left.

Edited by Joe166, 21 August 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,266 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

. It has been talked about in another thread.

http://www.dbstalk.c...e/#entry3173363

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#8 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,399 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

I found the other thread, thanks.    I don't see how anyone can say that FS1 is in any way a substitute for the Speed Channel.   5 overweight guys giggling and laughing about sophomoric pranks during the good old days of "camp" (I assume they are not talking about summer camp in the catskills), is not in any way a replacement for a motor oriented channel.  I guess that when they lost Formula 1 they saw the handwriting on the wall.

So, I had my choice of an interminable conversation between guys who I would not ordinarily stop to pass the time of day, or a futbol match between Fenerbahce SK and Arsenal FC which I was assured was being played in "excellent tempo", but in which I had not the slightest interest.    And I watch soccer whenever I have an interest in either team.

Oh well.    Must not be that many gear heads left.

FYI: the truck race in Bristol was on 618 tonight.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#9 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,560 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Please discuss Fox Sports 1 in the existing linked thread.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

spam firewall