Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV App for iPhone v3.0.x: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,848 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Yeah the live streaming menu is a great improvement! Now only if it didn't stop the audio when going into the info or browsing the guide. Also a remote control function would be nice as well as full DVR management. Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Edited by cypherx, 22 October 2013 - 05:15 PM.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,679 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

Here's a link to a story with details about the app's new features:

http://www.iclarifie...ations-and-more

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

#23 OFFLINE   y2k02c5

y2k02c5

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

are we ever gonna see true directv everywhere OUTSIDE the house ? seriously, the apps are cool and all, but allowing us to watch on the road is what will make this the best app

#24 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,583 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

For a while now we've had HBO GO and MAX GO available for streaming everywhere, and of course, GenieGo, for an extra cost, gives that flexibility for streaming recorded programs. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#25 OFFLINE   y2k02c5

y2k02c5

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

For a while now we've had HBO GO and MAX GO available for streaming everywhere, and of course, GenieGo, for an extra cost, gives that flexibility for streaming recorded programs.

True, but those are at an additional cost, just like the Sunday ticket app. I love being able to watch the games when out.

if they can offer true directv everywhere for an additional reasonable cost , I think people would sign up for it.

#26 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,405 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

True, but those are at an additional cost, just like the Sunday ticket app. I love being able to watch the games when out.

if they can offer true directv everywhere for an additional reasonable cost , I think people would sign up for it.

another service that if offered, folks will want DirecTV to give it out for free

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#27 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 311 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

What's reasonable?  Are you talking a monthly fee? 

A GenieGo is $150, tops.  I got mine for $100 and I was still under contract.  I hear others have gotten them free.  The GenieGo is a one time cost - no additional monthly fee - and you own it.  I have had it for about 8 months and have found it has paid for itself already, probably a couple of times over.  When we travel we load DVR'd movies onto our iPad for our daughter.  Finding Nemo, Tangled.  If you try to buy these off of iTunes store they're $15 each to own or $3-$5 to rent for 24 hours, if that option is even available.  I've downloaded shows ($2 each) and movies (again anywhere from $3 to $15) to watch while I fly.  Now that I can stream OOH, it's another great added feature.  I can remotely set a show to record (say, a Blackhawks game on NBCSports) then log in via GenieGo from anywhere and start streaming the game. 

Even without the GenieGo, I think DirecTVs Out of Home "DirecTV Everywhere" offering is pretty good.  Go into the DirecTV app and look at networks, and then search for Networks you like and shows that you like.  I watch Storage Wars (A&E), Pawn Starts (History), a plethora of shows on HGTV, all out of home streamed via DirecTV. 

So again, what's reasonable to you?  If you are talking a monthly fee of $5, GenieGo pays for itself by saving you this fee in 20 months.  And that's just saving the monthly fee.  If you buy any shows or movies that you could record on a DVR, well, that's an even shorter payoff period.  Plus, DirecTV's current "Everywhere" offering is, essentially, free.  You have to pay for service, but it's a nice, free add on service. 

DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#28 OFFLINE   y2k02c5

y2k02c5

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

Sure. An extra 5 bucks a month works for me. As long as I can watch the same channels currently offered. That's what I love about my Sunday ticket app. Just drove 8 hrs on Sunday. Mounted my iphone to windshield, fired up Sunday ticket and cruised along. Worked out great! Btw. Love your screen name:).

Edited by y2k02c5, 12 November 2013 - 02:11 AM.

#29 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 311 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

Sure. An extra 5 bucks a month works for me. As long as I can watch the same channels currently offered. That's what I love about my Sunday ticket app. Just drove 8 hrs on Sunday. Mounted my iphone to windshield, fired up Sunday ticket and cruised along. Worked out great! Btw. Love your screen name:).

1.  Please tell me you were a passenger and not the driver.  Yikes.

2.  Sunday Ticket Max costs an extra $75 ($100?), that's a lot more than $5 per month of service.  Add in data caps from your service provider...

3.  Thanks.  I learned years after first using the screen name that I was spelling it wrong.  Oh well.

DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#30 OFFLINE   y2k02c5

y2k02c5

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

1. Please tell me you were a passenger and not the driver. Yikes.

2. Sunday Ticket Max costs an extra $75 ($100?), that's a lot more than $5 per month of service. Add in data caps from your service provider...

3. Thanks. I learned years after first using the screen name that I was spelling it wrong. Oh well.

1. Yes
2. I have AT&T unlimited data plan. :)

#31 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

Issue: Guide Filter Sub-Type Resetting

I went and created My Favorites list and then set the Guide to filter by My Channels: My Favorites. As soon as you go to another menu option (or switch out the app and back in), the filter reverts to My Channels: Guide. This sub-setting to should hold just like the parent setting of whether to use All Channels or My Channels.

- Merg

This issue still exists in v3.1.007.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#32 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

V3.2.005 has been released today with the most requested remote control feature finally released, HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

:joy:

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#33 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

Issue: Guide Filter Sub-Type Resetting
I went and created My Favorites list and then set the Guide to filter by My Channels: My Favorites. As soon as you go to another menu option (or switch out the app and back in), the filter reverts to My Channels: Guide. This sub-setting to should hold just like the parent setting of whether to use All Channels or My Channels.

- Merg

Still exists in v3.2.005.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#34 OFFLINE   compnurd

compnurd

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationEvans City PA

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

I would LOVE to see the ability to manage our To Do Lists and Series Links from the App...  One last thing Directv TV is missing from the Tivo App (aside from making the Main app and Genie Go into one app)

SWM-16
HR44
2-C-41
HR24
2-H25

#35 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,848 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

Got the new update.  Works great, nice to see some premium channels live streaming.

Only issue I have with remote control is that when I try to control one of my dual feed receivers from my bedroom, it has that big ugly "press and hold exit" message for SD output.  But when I press and hold exit on the app, it doesn't really do anything.  So I'm still limited to my unreliable IR > RF repeater.

Other than that, it controls other functions.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#36 OFFLINE   JetJam

JetJam

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

does not work for a crap on the Samsung Note 3 ;)

HR24-500
HR20-700
(2) H25
Sony STR-DA5300ES - JBL & B.I.C America
Sanyo PLV-Z2000 - Carada 92"
XBOX 360, PS3, Wii
Linksys WRT54GL(Tomato)
Win7 Ultimate
Home Server 2011

#37 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,583 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Er, well, I am not sure how to interpret your emoticon and hence the meaning of your comment. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#38 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,744 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

Well done!

That being said there is a division of functionality with respect to page up/dn and the delete button. In order to page though playlist or guide one must envoke it, toggle to first remote screen, page to wherever, toggle back to the second screen to arrow to a specific row to select. Would be nice to have a paging toggle on that second level screen.

Just found it a bit clumsy with back and forth acivity but certainly a great accomplishment! Thanks!

Don "phones, tablets, and phablets oh my!" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#39 OFFLINE   y2k02c5

y2k02c5

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

does not work for a crap on the Samsung Note 3 ;)

Works great on my iphone 5. ;)

#40 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

Works great on my iphone 5. ;)

Yup. same here.  on my iPhone 5s 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...