Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV App for iPhone v3.0.x: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   JetJam

JetJam

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

sorry my bad, did notice it was just for the iPhone app.

also no thread for Android app 3.2.004

HR24-500
HR20-700
(2) H25
Sony STR-DA5300ES - JBL & B.I.C America
Sanyo PLV-Z2000 - Carada 92"
XBOX 360, PS3, Wii
Linksys WRT54GL(Tomato)
Win7 Ultimate
Home Server 2011

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

V3.2.005 has been released today with the most requested remote control feature finally released, HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

:joy:

Finally remembered to play with this. Very nice, but I have an issue and a couple of suggestions.

After clicking remote, it takes about 20-30 seconds to find my connected DVRs while on my home network.

When selecting GUIDE, MENU or LIST, I'd like to see the ARROW/SELECT screen come up automatically. Ideally, I'd like to be able to swipe up, down, left or right and tap to select, but if we must use the arrows, I think that should be the default display for those functions. Just my .02.

Finally, when in a function where text needs to be entered, like Smart Search, would be great if we could bring up an on-screen keyboard on the iPhone, instead of having to arrow through the bingo board on the TV.

/steve

#43 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Finally remembered to play with this. Very nice, but I have an issue and a couple of suggestions.

After clicking remote, it takes about 20-30 seconds to find my connected DVRs while on my home network.

When selecting GUIDE, MENU or LIST, I'd like to see the ARROW/SELECT screen come up automatically. Ideally, I'd like to be able to swipe up, down, left or right and tap to select, but if we must use the arrows, I think that should be the default display for those functions. Just my .02.

Finally, when in a function where text needs to be entered, like Smart Search, would be great if we could bring up an on-screen keyboard instead of the bingo board.

Yup, agreed, the implementation is very poor at best, but at least is the beginning 

I don't see why they can do something like below.  This is the app I use, is called DirectvR

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0346.PNG
  • IMG_0347.PNG

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#44 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

I'd rather see the arrows and select button replaced with finger slides, like the apple tv remote app.
/steve

#45 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

Bug:

Channel 3 KYW 3 CBS Philly stated Rudolph the red nose reindeer was on at 9 PM EST. In actuality NCIS was on the TV. Hitting more info on the iPhone app said this program was blacked out. Rudolph the rednosed reindeer blacked out really???

Looking forward to showing it to my daughter. I know it will be on again at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD, Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#46 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Bug:

Channel 3 KYW 3 CBS Philly stated Rudolph the red nose reindeer was on at 9 PM EST. In actuality NCIS was on the TV. Hitting more info on the iPhone app said this program was blacked out. Rudolph the rednosed reindeer blacked out really???

Looking forward to showing it to my daughter. I know it will be on again at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

Is that a bug in the software or an issue with the Guide Data? What did the Guide and Info on the TV say was playing at that time?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#47 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Is that a bug in the software or an issue with the Guide Data? What did the Guide and Info on the TV say was playing at that time?

- Merg

Only the iPhone app said it was Rudolph the red nose reindeer.  On DirecTV itself it said NCIS.

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD, Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#48 OFFLINE   kram

kram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

Re: v3.3.003. DirecTV either needs to release an update that allows users to TURN OFF splash-screen hints or get rid of them altogether. They are nothing but an annoyance, and, after seeing them repeatedly for weeks, are simply infuriating. From a usability perspective, they MUST provide the user with the option to turn them off. I previously contacted them regarding this issue, but received no sensible response. Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

Edited by kram, 05 January 2014 - 09:49 AM.

• cypherx likes this

#49 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

Re: v3.3.003. DirecTV either needs to release an update that allows users to TURN OFF splash-screen hints or get rid of them altogether. They are nothing but an annoyance, and, after seeing them repeatedly for weeks, are simply infuriating. From a usability perspective, they MUST provide the user with the option to turn them off. I previously contacted them regarding this issue, but received no sensible response. Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

not sure what you mean here. I dont have ANY splash screens.

have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#50 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

I get a hint splash screen every time. 8uta5egu.jpg I too wish we could turn this off. I checked settings but nothing there. The app takes too long to load and I wish we could eliminate some of these beginning screens to get in faster.

#51 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app, this is not normal

#52 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

No.  I didnt know that's not normal.  If its not normal than that is a bug they should fix in the next version.  I will try to delete and re-install to see how it behaves.

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#53 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

No. I didnt know that's not normal. If its not normal than that is a bug they should fix in the next version. I will try to delete and re-install to see how it behaves.

but I dont think is a widespread bug. this was reported one time, by the same user here, and folks who replied said it was not happening to them either. FWIW, it does not happen to my app

#54 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Ok deleted, rebooted, reinstalled and logged in. It no longer shows the help splash at every login. Now the issue is some is the home streaming doesn't work. Palladia for example is greyed out but DIY works. I can control my HR24 or H24 and also see the now playing, so it is communicating on the network.

#55 OFFLINE   Number Six

Number Six

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

but I dont think is a widespread bug. this was reported one time, by the same user here, and folks who replied said it was not happening to them either. FWIW, it does not happen to my app

It's happening to me as well, even with the latest update. Annoying for sure.

I've found the overhaul of the app to be extremely disappointing. My most used feature has always been the browse by channel thing, which formerly was a one-click link off the opening screen, and now is several clicks deep (and initially it's a mystery where it is). And the information on individual program pages seems haphazardly organized; the initial summary doesn't even tell you what channel it's on.

I would gladly take the old version back.

All this has happened before. All this will happen again.

#56 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

New update released. This will be the final update for iOS 6 users.

What's New in Version 3.3.009
  • Voice and general bug fixes.
  • This update supports iOS 6. Future updates will require iOS 7.

Note: iOS 7 is available on the following devices (current as of this post): iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPod Touch (5th generation), iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation), and iPad Mini (1st generation).

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#57 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

New update released. This will be the final update for iOS 6 users.

if they are any iPhone 3 and 3G users out there, they won't no longer be able to use the app anymore 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#58 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

New update released. 

What's New in Version 3.3.010
  • Fixed issue with video streaming.

This update still supports iOS 6. Future updates will require iOS 7 (per release notes from the previous release).

Note: iOS 7 is available on the following devices (current as of this post): iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPod Touch (5th generation), iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation), and iPad Mini (1st generation).

#59 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,834 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

In the I just need a new toy department. . .

Will this app load and run on a current gen iPod Touch? I have been using an old iPhone4 for watching the Tour de Frace as I move about the house in the AM. (Saving my my current 5s for real work and such)

With the better screen and the A5 processor (which is slated to go on iOS8 when released) iPaid2 owners will get uplifted to a fifth iOS level. But digress did I. Just seems I would get better service out of the iPod (new toy of course).

I have noted that my iPhones lock up after about an hour or so streaming and require I restart the stream or in one case app to resume. This is consistent on both models I have. Neither of my iPaids (2 or Air) have the issue though st some point they get a dailog box asking if I wish to continue wondering if this is the same code branch sans dialog box on the iPhones.

Anyway the iPod Touch is essentially an iPhone minus the phone network internals so I assume this app should load and run?

Anybody try this already?

Don " I just need a new toy" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#60 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,917 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

In the I just need a new toy department. . .

Will this app load and run on a current gen iPod Touch? I have been using an old iPhone4 for watching the Tour de Frace as I move about the house in the AM. (Saving my my current 5s for real work and such)

With the better screen and the A5 processor (which is slated to go on iOS8 when released) iPaid2 owners will get uplifted to a fifth iOS level. But digress did I. Just seems I would get better service out of the iPod (new toy of course).

I have noted that my iPhones lock up after about an hour or so streaming and require I restart the stream or in one case app to resume. This is consistent on both models I have. Neither of my iPaids (2 or Air) have the issue though st some point they get a dailog box asking if I wish to continue wondering if this is the same code branch sans dialog box on the iPhones.

Anyway the iPod Touch is essentially an iPhone minus the phone network internals so I assume this app should load and run?

Anybody try this already?

Don " I just need a new toy" Bolton

Try it, if you get the the registration screen, you're probably ok.  That's the time to decide if you want to burn a license.

And it's been a CRAZY Tour!!

• lugnutathome likes this

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...