Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV App for iPhone v3.0.x: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,772 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app, this is not normal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#52 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

No.  I didnt know that's not normal.  If its not normal than that is a bug they should fix in the next version.  I will try to delete and re-install to see how it behaves.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD, Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#53 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

No. I didnt know that's not normal. If its not normal than that is a bug they should fix in the next version. I will try to delete and re-install to see how it behaves.

but I dont think is a widespread bug. this was reported one time, by the same user here, and folks who replied said it was not happening to them either. FWIW, it does not happen to my app

#54 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Ok deleted, rebooted, reinstalled and logged in. It no longer shows the help splash at every login. Now the issue is some is the home streaming doesn't work. Palladia for example is greyed out but DIY works. I can control my HR24 or H24 and also see the now playing, so it is communicating on the network.

#55 OFFLINE   Number Six

Number Six

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

but I dont think is a widespread bug. this was reported one time, by the same user here, and folks who replied said it was not happening to them either. FWIW, it does not happen to my app

It's happening to me as well, even with the latest update. Annoying for sure.

I've found the overhaul of the app to be extremely disappointing. My most used feature has always been the browse by channel thing, which formerly was a one-click link off the opening screen, and now is several clicks deep (and initially it's a mystery where it is). And the information on individual program pages seems haphazardly organized; the initial summary doesn't even tell you what channel it's on.

I would gladly take the old version back.

All this has happened before. All this will happen again.

#56 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,667 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

New update released. This will be the final update for iOS 6 users.

What's New in Version 3.3.009
  • Voice and general bug fixes.
  • This update supports iOS 6. Future updates will require iOS 7.

Note: iOS 7 is available on the following devices (current as of this post): iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPod Touch (5th generation), iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation), and iPad Mini (1st generation).

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV  DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 7am-12:30am ET)  DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25.99 ($30.99 with HBO) | 3=$36.99 ($41.99 with HBO) | 4=$45.99 ($50.99 with HBO) | All 5=$57.99 per month

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#57 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

New update released. This will be the final update for iOS 6 users.

if they are any iPhone 3 and 3G users out there, they won't no longer be able to use the app anymore 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#58 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,667 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

New update released. 

What's New in Version 3.3.010
  • Fixed issue with video streaming.

This update still supports iOS 6. Future updates will require iOS 7 (per release notes from the previous release).

Note: iOS 7 is available on the following devices (current as of this post): iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPod Touch (5th generation), iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation), and iPad Mini (1st generation).

#59 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,960 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

In the I just need a new toy department. . .

Will this app load and run on a current gen iPod Touch? I have been using an old iPhone4 for watching the Tour de Frace as I move about the house in the AM. (Saving my my current 5s for real work and such)

With the better screen and the A5 processor (which is slated to go on iOS8 when released) iPaid2 owners will get uplifted to a fifth iOS level. But digress did I. Just seems I would get better service out of the iPod (new toy of course).

I have noted that my iPhones lock up after about an hour or so streaming and require I restart the stream or in one case app to resume. This is consistent on both models I have. Neither of my iPaids (2 or Air) have the issue though st some point they get a dailog box asking if I wish to continue wondering if this is the same code branch sans dialog box on the iPhones.

Anyway the iPod Touch is essentially an iPhone minus the phone network internals so I assume this app should load and run?

Anybody try this already?

Don " I just need a new toy" Bolton

Go fast, turn left, repeat until done.

#60 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,288 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

In the I just need a new toy department. . .

Will this app load and run on a current gen iPod Touch? I have been using an old iPhone4 for watching the Tour de Frace as I move about the house in the AM. (Saving my my current 5s for real work and such)

With the better screen and the A5 processor (which is slated to go on iOS8 when released) iPaid2 owners will get uplifted to a fifth iOS level. But digress did I. Just seems I would get better service out of the iPod (new toy of course).

I have noted that my iPhones lock up after about an hour or so streaming and require I restart the stream or in one case app to resume. This is consistent on both models I have. Neither of my iPaids (2 or Air) have the issue though st some point they get a dailog box asking if I wish to continue wondering if this is the same code branch sans dialog box on the iPhones.

Anyway the iPod Touch is essentially an iPhone minus the phone network internals so I assume this app should load and run?

Anybody try this already?

Don " I just need a new toy" Bolton

Try it, if you get the the registration screen, you're probably ok.  That's the time to decide if you want to burn a license.

And it's been a CRAZY Tour!!

• lugnutathome likes this

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#61 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,960 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

Been doing live streaming for the TDF and junk TV today while doing some debugging on Oracle Jobs on my QA Taxware system at work via VPN. Still have two GG licenses up for grabs may try the GG specific app on the iPod. I can shuffle some licenses around come Aug 4 anyhow.

The GG still is inconsistent for in home streaming but its "live-able" but still disappointing sort of. Transcode and downloads though are great!

Don "guess I have to go out and buy a toy soon then" Bolton

#62 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,288 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

I find killing the multi-task on the iPad works to improve things. . . but then I find that our local PBS station substituted Tavis Smiley for Charlie Rose at midnight last night when I started the iPad at 5 am today to watch Charlie.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#63 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,960 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

iPod Touch works great! Same issue though as with the iPhones 4 and 5s after about 40 minutes the stream terminates. Wondering if this is a protective builtin so phone users don't inadvertantly kill their battery? I am using the old iPhone and the iPod Touch as mini TVs so this unexpected termination is frustrating but I am using these far differently than the avarage bear. . .:)

I need to stopwatch these and see if it is a constant or it is some other condition. Nice feature if the time duration was a user setting either by time or episode ending though. Also should verify if power connected makes issue go away.

GenieGo app on this seemed promising but once it hit lockup it would only free momentarily and relock. Exit and reenter showed GenieGo in use and not accessable. Will play around with this again today.

Don "time to find a pic-a-nick basket" Bolton

#64 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

I can confirm that on my iPhone 5 that after a long time if streaming, the video will freeze.

I had Bar Rescue on live while making a chicken stir fry dish in the Kitchen. I'm not sure how long it took to freeze, but I was able to prep and cook the meal and start eating it. Right in the beginning of my meal (first few bites) it froze.

It was less than an hour but surely more than 35 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD, Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#65 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:13 PM

DIRECTV App for iPhone v3.7.006 is available in the App Store now and through updates on your device. 

New Features: 

We've made discovering new movies and TV shows even easier. Now you’ll see hottest titles at the top of your screen - just tap to watch or record! Plus the additional performance enhancements and bug fixes

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#66 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

Still no iPhone 6 or 6 Plus support 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#67 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,878 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:36 PM

DIRECTV App for iPhone v3.7.006 is available in the App Store now and through updates on your device. 

New Features: 

More PPV movies than you can watch in a month! 

(My editing)

Previous version works fine under iOS8.1 downloading update now, but.... Still a problem on 6's?

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#68 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

no problem on iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.  Is just that the app is not optimized for these devices...

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#69 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

DIRECTV® app for iPhone just got updated.  It now supports Apple latest gadget, the AppleWatch!

What's New in Version 4.0.106

Now you can now control your connected HD-DVR right from your Apple Watch!  
- Play, pause, rewind, and fast forward Live TV, On Demand and Recorded content.
- Set episode and season recordings.
- Navigate and select options from the on-screen guide, playlist and menu displays on your HD-DVR.

https://itunes.apple...d307386350?mt=8

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#70 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,667 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:25 AM

More info: http://www.directv.c...apps/applewatch

https://support.dire...etail/a_id/4518

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV  DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 7am-12:30am ET)  DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25.99 ($30.99 with HBO) | 3=$36.99 ($41.99 with HBO) | 4=$45.99 ($50.99 with HBO) | All 5=$57.99 per month

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#71 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

The only thing is that its very challenging at times to get a good live stream of HBO when Game of Thrones is on Sunday nights.  I know its a real popular show, so I guess the bandwidth from DirecTV cannot always keep up.

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#72 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,878 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

The only thing is that its very challenging at times to get a good live stream of HBO when Game of Thrones is on Sunday nights.  I know its a real popular show, so I guess the bandwidth from DirecTV cannot always keep up.

Bandwidth supplier: HBO. But I watch via DIRECTV®, on a TV, supplier:  DIRECTV via satellite. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#73 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:10 AM

There are no closed captions on Game of Thrones on the streaming app either.  Regardless of the setting on and CC1 or CC3 selected.  Even toggling them off and on again, they do not work at all.  Captions used to work, not sure what happened.

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

Protected By... spam firewall...And...