Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' cast revealed, lots of favorites are back

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,479 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' cast pictures

http://www.zap2it.co...er-August222013

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 911 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

Survivor was my favorite television series from the decade of the 2000s. But this latest makes the argument that the CBS series is out of gas.

#3 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,849 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Survivor was my favorite television series from the decade of the 2000s. But this latest makes the argument that the CBS series is out of gas.

Ratings say otherwise. Although it's declined, it's still pulling 9-10+ million each season.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 418 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Looking forward to this season. Rumor has it hayden from Big Brother is going to be on and Colton is always great tv watching. Still wish they would have a season with all new castaways.

#5 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,479 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

I wish they would do a season with our 5 branches of active Military. 5 teams of 5 or 6 members on each team. I think it would make great TV

• thxultra likes this

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#6 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 911 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Ratings say otherwise. Although it's declined, it's still pulling 9-10+ million each season.

I wasn't referring to ratings.

#7 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 418 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

I wasn't referring to ratings.

I notice this with CBS Reality tv in general Big Brother has the same problem. Same tired old challanges. CBS needs to refresh these shows by changing up the format a bit. Hard to get excited seeing the same old challanges and stratigies.

#8 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,849 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

I notice this with CBS Reality tv in general Big Brother has the same problem. Same tired old challanges. CBS needs to refresh these shows by changing up the format a bit. Hard to get excited seeing the same old challanges and stratigies.

A reality competition show that others should look at is The Hero. The temptation of money really was a good concept.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#9 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,515 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

I have a friend that wants them to cancel Amazing Race because he feels that would allow them to bring what he feels everyone wants, more Survivor per year. I bet even Jeff Probst would balk at that one :)

#10 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,177 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Just the opposite here.  I'd be quite happy to see Surivor cancelled in favor of more Amazing Race.  Once I got hooked on Amazing Race, the backbiting and all-around nastiness of Survivor overshadowed the things I *did* like about it.  But there's plenty of airtime out there for everyone.  I just haven't watched Survivor in several years.

Now I even go out of my way to grab episodes of "The Amazing Race Canada".

• thxultra likes this

#11 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,123 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

Just the opposite here.  I'd be quite happy to see Surivor cancelled in favor of more Amazing Race.  Once I got hooked on Amazing Race, the backbiting and all-around nastiness of Survivor overshadowed the things I *did* like about it.  But there's plenty of airtime out there for everyone.  I just haven't watched Survivor in several years.

+1

Both programs show beautiful photography and interesting people.  If I had to chose which one to watch, it would have to be TAR.  Survivor takes you to jungles and islands ... TAR takes you to the world.  You get to see the people, the cities, the country and its customs.  Survivor does none of that.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#12 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,700 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

+1

Both programs show beautiful photography and interesting people.  If I had to chose which one to watch, it would have to be TAR.  Survivor takes you to jungles and islands ... TAR takes you to the world.  You get to see the people, the cities, the country and its customs.  Survivor does none of that.

+1. And I'm tired of those "jungles and islands". How about a Survivor Alaska?

#13 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,123 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

+1. And I'm tired of those "jungles and islands". How about a Survivor Alaska?

Survivor Death Valley?

Survivor Rocky Mountains?

Survivor Tombstone?

Survivor Donners Pass?

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#14 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,700 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Survivor Death Valley?
Survivor Rocky Mountains?
Survivor Tombstone?
Survivor Donners Pass?

Sure why not, change it up a bit. :D

#15 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,123 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Sure why not, change it up a bit. :D

Nah, they won't do it.  They like their jungles and islands too much.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#16 ONLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,913 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I'm excited to see Survivor back. It could be interesting seeing how Gervase and Colton interact. Family against Family ... It's all exciting and new.

I don't even care if they reccycled the entire cast for a season. It's always new because the roles can get reversed. I'll be watching until they decide to stop making the show completly. Until then, it never gets old ... even if challenges are the same.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#17 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,024 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I'm excited to see Survivor back. It could be interesting seeing how Gervase and Colton interact. Family against Family ... It's all exciting and new.

I don't even care if they reccycled the entire cast for a season. It's always new because the roles can get reversed. I'll be watching until they decide to stop making the show completly. Until then, it never gets old ... even if challenges are the same.

I agree, this is one of my favorites and I never miss an episode.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#18 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,849 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Is anyone else watching? I'm enjoying the season and like the new twists. It really adds to the strategy with planning ahead.

#19 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,479 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Is anyone else watching? I'm enjoying the season and like the new twists. It really adds to the strategy with planning ahead.

I have the season recording but only saw the first episode so far. I haven't really heard to much talk about this season from fan sites and thought Oh no! this season must suck. I'll set some time to catch up

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#20 ONLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,913 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

Show is as good as ever as far from my perspective ... That being said, it requires a different thinking cap this year than in the past. They dynamics are very different than in the past.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

spam firewall