Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Force a reboot of 722k each morning

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nomis

Nomis

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hey Folks,  Long time "lurker", first time poster.

I have a 722k that about once a week in the morning I have to unplug and plug back in in order for it to work.  I can be watching TV through it until 1, go to bed, come back down @ 5 and have to unplug it to get it to work.  I do not have it set to shutdown after inactivity.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Nomis

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

Just for fun, set up some autotunes from 1 to 5.  Have it change channels every 1/2 hour and see what happens.

May not work, but easy to try.

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,739 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

By default the DVR reboots at 3am every day. You can change that time in the menu.

Do you have an external hard drive hooked up?

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   Nomis

Nomis

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

Just for fun, set up some autotunes from 1 to 5.  Have it change channels every 1/2 hour and see what happens.

May not work, but easy to try.

I'll give this a shot.  I had tried it in the past but it did not work.

By default the DVR reboots at 3am every day. You can change that time in the menu.

Do you have an external hard drive hooked up?

While I do have it on my home network I do not have an external drive attached.  I had not thought about the reboot @ 3.  If I remember correctly, this is a setting that can be changed so I may try that as well.

#5 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

Is this true?  I thought it just checked with Dish everyday at that time for new software, guide info, etc.  I have been up that late, and never seen it reboot itself ...

#6 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

I have a 722k that about once a week in the morning I have to unplug and plug back in in order for it to work.  I can be watching TV through it until 1, go to bed, come back down @ 5 and have to unplug it to get it to work.  I do not have it set to shutdown after inactivity.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Nomis

Nomis,

If you’re having the 722 reboot and have to unplug it to get it working, please PM me with the phone number on the account to better help you.

Thanks

#7 OFFLINE   Nomis

Nomis

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

Any thoughts or ideas?

Nomis

Nomis,

If you’re having the 722 reboot and have to unplug it to get it working, please PM me with the phone number on the account to better help you.

Thanks

PM Sent.  Thanks!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...