Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TMC problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 571 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'm getting an error message when trying to watch tmcxw or tmc-w, never had the problem.

The receiver has detected that the HD television or the digital connection to TV does not support hdcp. This event is not available on this TV.

This happens on any show. From Hopper and 1 year old 60" Panasonic plasma.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,904 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

First thing I would try is resetting the receiver...  Unplug it for a minute and then plug it back in.  I have seen authorization glitches show up sometimes that this would fix on other receivers.

Moving to Hopper forum where you might get more help.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 571 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

That did it. Thanks.  Very strange!

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,904 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

Glad to hear it.  I've never seen the HDMI error message... but every once in a while on my 922 I used to get the "you aren't subscribed to this channel" error and I would have to do the same thing to fix it.

I know there are some incompatibilities with Dish and some HDTVs with the HDCP handshaking... but since you said this was something that had worked before, I was hoping it would be the power-cycle-fixes-it kind of glitch.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...