Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How do I get into the chat room--Java issues

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,312 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Got Chat working on my desktop (IE, FireFox and Chrome).  

Had to go to the Control Panel on my PC. In the Control Panel Search box, typed "JAVA". Opened Java which brought up the Java Control Panel.

Under the Security Tab, had to check "Enable Java content in the browser." Then Apply.

After I did that, I had to open all three browsers and go into Chat. All three asked to to enable the ChatAddOn.

So Stewart was spot-on (nothing new there): this is a Java Configuration issue.

I'm just not sure what changed from last week when I was able to get into the Chat room. .

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,218 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'm in.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

:dance07: :dance07: :dance07:

But I'm all by myself. :shrug:

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#23 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,595 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

Good work...  I too don't know what changed unless it was a recent update to something else that forced a new update/download of that AddonChat applet.  I know I hadn't been in chat for a while, so I got prompted to download that and I know I had been in chat before without seeing that...  but unlike you guys, mine just worked the first time.

I was beginning to have deja vu, though... because some of what you guys were describing was similar to what I went through months ago when there was a Java 7 update that didn't install correctly and it was a pain to uninstall and re-install to get things working again because in the process I had lost my control panel Java applet so I had no way to configure anything!

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#24 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,996 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Did something change with the chat Friday night? I tried to get into it on my IOS devices and it says the mobile version wasn't enabled for this account?

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#25 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,576 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Did something change with the chat Friday night? I tried to get into it on my IOS devices and it says the mobile version wasn't enabled for this account?

Ditto.

/steve

#26 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,209 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Saw several similar reports in chat, from those who came on via lap or desktop.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#27 ONLINE   dogbreath

dogbreath

AllStar

• Registered
  • 112 posts
  • LocationFranklin, North Carolina

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

Could not get into chat for this weekend on my ipad.  Kept getting "mobile access is not authorized on the account".  Neither the DBStalk app or safari would allow me entry.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...