Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Rv problem

Direct tv 18 inch D-12

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jmcm26

Jmcm26

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

I have a 18 inch direct tv dish, with a regular d-12 receiver. I have the sat signal above 92 percent but still get this picture. I have it set on 18inch, and multi switch. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,114 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Well, actually, if you have the simple round 18 inch dish, then it is not selected properly in the receiver, because its looking for a 3lnb dish that also pulls from 110 and 119. The names for all the dishes are weird, but scroll through them again. Either that or you have a weird glitch in the system. What are the options for the dish type listed in the menu? And which one did you select?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#3 OFFLINE   Jmcm26

Jmcm26

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

Here the dish and reviver

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   Jmcm26

Jmcm26

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

I selected 18 inch round. With multi switch. Is this wrong? There are several options I will get them

#5 OFFLINE   Tisby

Tisby

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

It looks to me like the message on screen is "Configured dish type does not match order..." or something to that regard. What that means is that according to your home location you should have either an 18x20, KA/KU-5 or SWM-5 ODU. It's throwing up a flag to alert you that you aren't connecting to the same type of dish that is usually on your account. One of the options that you should see is the option to "Continue." Select it and the IRD will continue loading up, just without any channels that you would normally get from the 119 (usually locals).

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,682 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

It looks to me like the message on screen is "Configured dish type does not match order..." or something to that regard. What that means is that according to your home location you should have either an 18x20, KA/KU-5 or SWM-5 ODU. It's throwing up a flag to alert you that you aren't connecting to the same type of dish that is usually on your account. One of the options that you should see is the option to "Continue." Select it and the IRD will continue loading up, just without any channels that you would normally get from the 119 (usually locals).

Yup, right on.  if this receiver was previously activated, you should have "continue" if this is a new receiver, you might have "get waiver"  which you have to call DirecTV for 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Just select 18" round dish in settings menu and you will get around this.......  Your rx is set to 18x20

SIG

#8 OFFLINE   Jmcm26

Jmcm26

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

Ok thanks, because this is a for my rv will I have to call direct tv every time I use my rv?

#9 OFFLINE   Jmcm26

Jmcm26

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thanks I figured it out

#10 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,243 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Ok thanks, because this is a for my rv will I have to call direct tv every time I use my rv?

Thanks I figured it out

You might have figured out the part about the red x's but.....

The real question is will you have to call Directv every time you set up your RV. That depends on how often you use your RV.

An authorization signal is sent out to all receivers on some unknown random timetable, if your receiver is unplugged or searching for a satellite signal it wont receive the reauthorization. Once you get it setup instead of a picture you will get a message to call Directv EX 722. Don't be in an area without some form of phone service. Or take care of it before you head out.

HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#11 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,114 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Or if he has Internet access he can simply resend authorization. That can be done by phone automated or internet.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#12 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Registered
  • 2,394 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

You might have figured out the part about the red x's but.....

The real question is will you have to call Directv every time you set up your RV. That depends on how often you use your RV.

An authorization signal is sent out to all receivers on some unknown random timetable, if your receiver is unplugged or searching for a satellite signal it wont receive the reauthorization. Once you get it setup instead of a picture you will get a message to call Directv EX 722. Don't be in an area without some form of phone service. Or take care of it before you head out.

I've always been curious, how long can your receiver be left unplugged before it loses authorization? Obviously it can miss at least signal and be fine, otherwise if the signal happened to be sent during a power outage or heavy rain you'd have to reauthorize all your receivers immediately after.

Receivers I've had disconnected for some time will show the 'authorization expired' message, but usually I've had them disconnected for many months or years so I'm hardly surprised. Just wondering if the timeout is something like a week, a month, a few months?

SL5, PI-6S, SA-6AL 3xSWM16, 21 H20-100, 1 H20-600, 7 H24-700/AM21

#13 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

only time you have to call DirecTV is if the receiver has never been activated.  Once activated, you will get a "continue" instead of "get waiver" button

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#14 OFFLINE   BobStokesbary

BobStokesbary

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

I've always been curious, how long can your receiver be left unplugged before it loses authorization? Obviously it can miss at least signal and be fine, otherwise if the signal happened to be sent during a power outage or heavy rain you'd have to reauthorize all your receivers immediately after.

Receivers I've had disconnected for some time will show the 'authorization expired' message, but usually I've had them disconnected for many months or years so I'm hardly surprised. Just wondering if the timeout is something like a week, a month, a few months?

I know from recent experience that 5 weeks does not cause a problem with needing to have a receiver "reauthorized". But I have no idea about a longer time.

#15 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

I know from recent experience that 5 weeks does not cause a problem with needing to have a receiver "reauthorized". But I have no idea about a longer time.

but once again, YMMV.  I have seen receivers from movers disconnected for a week that needs re-authorizations. while others longer disconnected works

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Direct tv, 18 inch, D-12

Protected By... spam firewall...And...