Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Why is it so difficult? RVU TV

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mmomega

mmomega

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMansfield, TX

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

So I hope none else has been going through the trouble of adding an RVU TV like I have. 3 days so far 2hrs+ each time, just asking to add an RVU TV Client to my account and I am put on hold for 15min intervals with which they come back asking the make and model of the TV. 

I pleaded for them to merely add the RVU TV Client and I will pay the $6/mon then if it does not work I will order a receiver box, will not do it. 

My question is basically, how does this company offer this service yet even tier 3 tech support does not understand how simple it is to add to your account.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Sat Equip: (1)HR34-700 - (4)H25-500, GeniGo

TV Equip: Samsung 60"SmarTV, LG 51", Samsung 51", Panasonic 42", Insignia 55", Dynex 32"

Sound: HK AVR1700, Klipsch Icon Surround, KEF C4 Sub

Computer Equip: 27"iMacs, MacMiniServer, 20"iMac Garage, iPad Air, iPad Mini, MacBooks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,780 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

It could be there changing there system and making it so only registered devices in their system would be able to be used..  That would actually be a very good thing to be honest, for reasons that aren't so obvious.  ;)

But it could also be that they just haven't trained enough people on it. Maybe try the access card department.

#3 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,929 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

So why don't you want to tell them the make/model of the TV client you want to add?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#4 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,617 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

Don't despair; there's a big variation in training and competence in many CSRs in many industries. Yes, there have been bad experiences, but all over-comeable. 

And welcome to DBSTalk! 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#5 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

I called and did this on Saturday for 2 Samsung UN32F5500 TVs.  I called the regular number and just kept saying activate until it finally asked if I wanted to to it using the computer or talk to someone.  I told it talk to someone and they transferred me to a CSR.  I explained to the CSR that I needed to add two additional RVU clients to the account for RVU TVs that I self installed (the rest of the system was installed earlier that day by a tech but I wasn't willing to pay DirecTV $50 for each RVU TV that I could hook up myself for much less).

The CSR had never activated one for a customer self install, so he did have to put me on hold a couple times, and he did ask for the TVs make, model and serial number for the first one.  Then however once he figured out how to do it he realized that he didn't really need that information and he was able to add the second TV without it.  Overall I was only on the phone for about 30 minutes.  Sorry you are having so much trouble, but my only suggestion is to just call in and try again and hopefully you will get someone who knows how to do it, or at least is willing to ask others around them for help.

The CSR did tell me that it was difficult for him to find the information on how to do it.  I guess all the information that is easy to find is all about tech installed/activated RVU clients and the process is different.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

spam firewall