Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

US Open Experience

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Man, I've been waiting all day to watch Steve Johnson's first round match on channel 706, and minutes before the start the station goes dark (despite it being listed in the Match Guide until that time and them even showing warm-ups...  I tried calling and the CSR claims DirecTV is completely incapable of controlling it, but it really sounded like she just didn't know what to do.  Hopefully, ESPN2 or the Tennis Channel cut to it soon.

Maybe this is just another anti-Pac-12 tactic since Johnson was a superstar in college at USC.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

And just like that the Tennis Channel has thankfully switched to the match.  Let's go SJ!

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,483 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Man, I've been waiting all day to watch Steve Johnson's first round match on channel 706, and minutes before the start the station goes dark (despite it being listed in the Match Guide until that time and them even showing warm-ups...  I tried calling and the CSR claims DirecTV is completely incapable of controlling it, but it really sounded like she just didn't know what to do.  Hopefully, ESPN2 or the Tennis Channel cut to it soon.

Maybe this is just another anti-Pac-12 tactic since Johnson was a superstar in college at USC.

That guy is playing on 217

Edit: 6.00 pm Now it is gone

They said it was moving to 209 but there are 2 women playing there right now that might be over pretty quickly.

Edited by jimmie57, 27 August 2013 - 05:02 PM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

That guy is playing on 217

Edit: 6.00 pm Now it is gone

They said it was moving to 209 but there are 2 women playing there right now that might be over pretty quickly.

Yup, now it's gone as Tennis Channel's coverage ends at 4 PDT... this is very annoying.

#5 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

And after 20 mins of fluff, ESPN2 has started the Djokovic match.  Guess I'm S.O.L.  Of course they're showing it on WatchESPN, which I also don't get access to with DirecTV. Sigh.

#6 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Well, DTV still doesn't have it, but apparently the US Open provides a stream too, if anyone else is looking.

http://www.usopen.or...mary Scoreboard

#7 OFFLINE   golfnut-n-nh

golfnut-n-nh

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

Unfortunately what you are seeing on the Match Guide is the schedule of matches for that particular court for that particular day. If a match or two runs long, the coverage for that court always goes off at a prescribed time. Very frustrating when you are waiting for a certain match to be played.

The US Open app is nice in that coverage starts at 11:00am, two hours before network coverage.

#8 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,241 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Would not the Mix channel, 701, aid in tracking down matches? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#9 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Would not the Mix channel, 701, aid in tracking down matches? 

It would if it was still up yesterday.  They appear to stop showing new matches after 3p PDT.  Right before 3 it showed them warming up, then the channel that was supposed to show it abruptly went dark.  Oh well.  I got to watch online, though I wish he hadn't blown the 3rd set tiebreaker.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...