Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Xfinity's "X1" Technology

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,352 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

I am looking forward to upgrading to Comcast's new "X1" technology when it becomes available in my area, but only when it is ready for 'prime-time'. Like most new STBs, whomever the provider, there are bugs to be exterminated. According to comments in Comcast's X1 user forum, there are a ton of bugs in the software. One such post in the forum is a classic:

Re: X1 Forum

‎01-31-2013 02:53 PM

Not sure how famous I am among the X1 techs yet, but I am the gentleman in New Hampshire who has apparently broken his X1 box like no one has ever broken their X1 box before.

What's happening is that on my DVR, when I delete something it disappears from the guide, but doesn't actually disappear from the hard drive. Meaning that my available space gets smaller and smaller as I record things and I am unable to free any space up.

Last night I reached the pinnacle, my DVR is both empty and full at the same time.

bolding mine

I prefer not to suffer the frustration of being a conscripted and unpaid beta tester. To me, that's like trying to change a tire with the car is still going, so I'll wait a while longer for X1.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...