Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

paterson usb tv translator

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   duckland23

duckland23

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

I understand that part but what I don't understand is how are you guys coming up with that chipset . The one I ordered from Newegg.com don't list that info . I also went to the site of the company that made that cable I ordered from newegg.com . I couldn't find any info on the chipset . But its reported working on the D-11 box so im guessing it should work for the D-12-100 box like I have in my house from directv .Ill report back on Monday or Tuesday if she is working on that cable also there is a cheaper one that will run on Linux too on newegg.com I can link it to my page if you like .

http://www.newegg.co...=9SIA1NV0UF9750

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,044 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

when you'll get it, I'll tell you how to get VID_XXXX& PID_XXXX, perhaps that info will tell us what is inside

#23 OFFLINE   duckland23

duckland23

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

ok sounds good .

#24 OFFLINE   duckland23

duckland23

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

I got it and no luck it wont switch the channels on the directv 12 box So Im at that point where I cant understand how to get this to work . I need to change the channels so when im watching a show it can switch for recording and just general television viewing for my replay box to change the channels why Im watching live television too . That way I can back it up .

#25 OFFLINE   Joe Tylman

Joe Tylman

Legend

• Registered
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

@car16

that sound like too much trouble to do . I was looking over the internet and seen some mods but they seen too hard . I don't want to brick the machine . My wife would get pissed if I did that . She paid for it from ebay to record her shows when she's at work .

Yes guys I could of got directv genie but Im trying to same some money right now . Its not in the buget for the dvr boxes . They want like a extra 10.00 or 20.00 a box plus it was a extra 100.00 bucks or so for the dvr's them self . We wanted to get satellite and be in buget . If I had extra cash on had then no problem . But Im happy with television other than time warner cable there canceling analog cable and we needed some television to watch . I cant have my senor father not being able to watch television in this house I live in .

So guys the replay tv dvr was a good buy for me . I just recorded G.I Joe last night of it and the picture is great off it Im also betting the sound is 5.1 Dolby Digital too or DTS 5.1 . but my Marantz receiver sr-18 ex is not working right now , Im in the process of fixing her I sould have it working soon with luck .

DVR service is $10 a month for the whole account. The charge per box is $6 but if you replaced your current standard the only increase in your monthly service would be $10. If you were to get a HD DVR it would be $10 more for HD, and a Genie would be $3 more on top of that.

It sounds like a SD DVR might be a good starting place for you as it's a lesser increase but you won't have to deal with the time and money testing different parts to finally get something that will half do what you want.

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#26 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

duckland, replacing your D12 with a directv DVR is only going to cost you $10/month more....and save you thousands of dollars in headaches....you may be able to get a SD DVR from Directv very cheaply.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...