Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Unscheduled recording in to do list?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Mentor

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

On my HR24-200 software 0x736, the to do list has Fast N' Loud scheduled, but says it won't record "because it conflicts with a higher priority program".  Problem is I have never watched this show, did not schedule the recording, and it is not in my series manager as "higher priority program" would indicate.

This one instance is no biggie since it is not recording, but what if it determined it was the "higher priority program" and then didn't record a program that was in my series manager?

For now, I figured I would just watch the to do list closely for a while, but was curious if anybody else ever had such an occurance.  Or could it be a bug in the new software or a sign of coming problems with this box?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

I would interrogate the pets.

Cats are especially sneaky.

#3 OFFLINE   OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Interesting!  We do have four of 'em.  But why would they record Fast N' Loud?

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,671 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

;)

That is a possibility!

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#5 OFFLINE   OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

;)

That is a possibility!

Not likely.  Disregarding all the button pushes to bring up the guide, scroll ahead a couple days, scroll down the channel guide, and then press record, and never hit a "wrong" button?  And if they did all that, why didn't they just get the recording conflict statement to cancel the request or one of the other two scheduled recordings?  It would have never made it to the to do list in the first place, right?

#6 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,484 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

Do you live in an apartment or multi-family complex?

Do you share a dish?

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#7 OFFLINE   OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

Do you live in an apartment or multi-family complex?   No.  Small rural town.  Single family house, just me and wife and 4 cats.

Do you share a dish?   No.

Guess I should add beside the HR24, recently upgraded from an HR21 to HR34 genie in main room.  And have whole home swm system.

#8 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,115 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

In the To Do List - is the red R next to Fast n Loud a single R or an R with multiple circles on the right side of it?  Sort of like parentheses.

If it is a single R, then the R on our remote probably accidentally got pressed while someone was perusing the guide for future programs.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#9 OFFLINE   OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

In the To Do List - is the red R next to Fast n Loud a single R or an R with multiple circles on the right side of it?  Sort of like parentheses.

If it is a single R, then the R on our remote probably accidentally got pressed while someone was perusing the guide for future programs.

It was in the to do list for 7:00 tonight CDT and is now gone.  I believe it had the multiple circles, but cannot verify since it is no longer there.  Also looked and it does not show up at all in the history, but another program that did not record because it "conflicted with a higher priority program" is there and shows as "not recorded".  And I am the only one using this dvr since it is in my man cave.  Wife gets the big screen home theater with genie.

Odd that it showed up mysteriously and then disappeared just as mysteriously.  I am starting to hear the theme from The Twilight Zone.  Should it ever happen again, I will have to take pics.

#10 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,671 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:23 AM

Wait a sec. A few ideas.

You have any auto records or Boolean searches set to record, especially or sports?

Also you ever use remote booking to set up a recording?

#11 OFFLINE   OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

Wait a sec. A few ideas.

You have any auto records or Boolean searches set to record, especially or sports?    No. I am way too old to figure that stuff out.

Also you ever use remote booking to set up a recording?    I tried it once from my computer in the same room when it first came out, but I think all equipment has been upgraded since.

#12 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

Interesting!  We do have four of 'em.  But why would they record Fast N' Loud?

They like to fantasize about sleeping in that mechanic guy's giant beard.

spam firewall