Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Biggest screw up since 3 years ago

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

Now what in the ??? This is worse than the nonfunctional lnb/hr24-700 systems. Last month couldn't activate clients, this month cant activate any HR44-200 genies. If it aint one thing its another. What does it take like 5 minutes for someone to add the 200 model into the system so that we don't have to be on hold all day to activate a genie?? Now remotes don't work. First it was waiting for clients to update in order to use a remote. Now it lets us program the remotes to tvs, but then does a flash update 3 days later and reverts to IR, making all remotes useless. NICE WORK DIRECTV!!

Now the latest clients which i believe are c41-100 wont work with IR signal. At first i thought it was the room full of windows and sun shining in, until the other 3 rooms wouldn't work either. Very very weak ir response to all clients, they would only recognize every other keystroke or just randomly quite responding. I have not noticed this on any other model client like the 500, they seem to work the best. Pretty lame showing customers how the equipment doesn't work on a brand new install.

Some dude flagged me down the other day from a HSP install, his remote quit working and wanted me to fix it as he had the protection plan. Explained i didnt work for HSP yet I fixed his stuff anyway. What a bunch of **** that no ones brand new systems are working. Does anyone even care??? Who is sending this stuff out without ANY testing what so ever?? Come on guys get with the program already.

Now today i find out the RF mode for the genie is messing with anything wireless in the house. They had a verizon 4G system interfering, as well as a remote tv signal sender blocking all remote commands, so that made a total of 4 out of 4 remotes not working at this house. REALLY???? Thats just fantastic.

OH, and on top of that the HR44's are jambing all netgear routers now, super. Cx pays for internet but directv destroys it, super great deal there.

Edited by Jodean, 28 August 2013 - 11:11 PM.

Dish -- 722k, 722, 612, 512, 510

Directv -- HR34, HR24, 2 H25's, 2 H24's

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,725 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

ouch, that's REAL F@ckUP ! :(

#3 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

Frankly since no one else has as many issues as you do One has to wonder.

Some specific customers will have a weird issue at their house that needs to be worked around. Maybe you've found one of those. Sounds like all these issues are at one persons house I have to wonder if the person isn't trying to get something to work in a way different than it was installed and creating issues. One would then have to wonder why they whereby happy with the install in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#4 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,530 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

Frankly since no one else has as many issues as you do One has to wonder.

Some specific customers will have a weird issue at their house that needs to be worked around. Maybe you've found one of those. Sounds like all these issues are at one persons house I have to wonder if the person isn't trying to get something to work in a way different than it was installed and creating issues. One would then have to wonder why they whereby happy with the install in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

One does have to wonder seeing how the Thread Starter's profile states his Digital Provider is Dish Network and Satellite/Digital Equipment are 722k, 722, 612, and 512 while his signature states Dish-722k, 722, 612,512,510 and DirecTV- HR34,HR24, 2H25s, 2H24s.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,437 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

I think in the past he's mentioned he has both services.

#6 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Actually dont have dish anymore....

This isnt just at one house...

They did fix the 200 genie model thing over the weekend!! WOOHOO!!!!

This weekends storm caused all kinds of genie remotes to stop working with clients though......easy fix but not good rap for directv once again, cant have remotes unsyncing every thunderstorm...

Found another netgear router today, had to run a wired kit. Its the netgear routers with blue lights in a bubble causing programs, the wireless cck or the genie wireless jambs them and wont let anything else connect wirelessly.

Seems to be a MAJOR router as i have seen quite a few of them now, that makes roughly 5% of homes that cant use cck wireless kits or hr44 for internet.....

#7 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

more and more remotes losing sync, cx's are calling all the time, even weeks after install

Edited by Jodean, 04 September 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#8 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,836 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Seems odd nobody else is reporting this here.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#9 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,725 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

it's endemic pandemonium :D

#10 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,812 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Maybe you can post the Netgear router number that is causing a problem?  Next time you run into one, please look at the label and give us the model number.  Lets see if others have the problems too.

#11 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

yeah right, kinds like i was the only tech with lnb problems then directv finally announced the issue six months later.....uh huh ya it was just me

Problem is the retailers use different model equipment than HSP so they never seem to have issues since they are usind old equipment and we get the new off the line stuff or new model first.

Last weeks update for clients knocked out any client in RF mode with the new style remote, and im not the only one with this issue, good thing you think your "all that"

#12 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Well, I have never heard of one person losing sync completely and randomly between their rc71 remote and their genie for no reason with an hr44 and then having to resync it.  SO yeah, actually, it is weird.  And since I have two clients and have never had this issue that supposedly knocked out everyone's remotes and i have had that firmware, I know that your assessment is lacking.

#13 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

Maybe you can post the Netgear router number that is causing a problem?  Next time you run into one, please look at the label and give us the model number.  Lets see if others have the problems too.

Please don't feed him.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#14 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,927 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

I just checked my C41-100, which is set for RF mode with a RC71 also works just fine with a RC65RX that's set to IR mode.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#15 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Well, I have never heard of one person losing sync completely and randomly between their rc71 remote and their genie for no reason with an hr44 and then having to resync it.  SO yeah, actually, it is weird.  And since I have two clients and have never had this issue that supposedly knocked out everyone's remotes and i have had that firmware, I know that your assessment is lacking.

I swear no one can read anymore.......this happens on clients that doent update on new installs for a day or up to a week later.

Also had this happen after this last weekends hail/thunderstorm

Happening on c41-100 clients

Ive never had a genie unsync ever, that was a HSP install that the guy flagged me down accross the street from my install.

#16 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

I just checked my C41-100, which is set for RF mode with a RC71 also works just fine with a RC65RX that's set to IR mode.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Yes, you are correct, they work just fine after the firmware flash. In which case happens a day or a week later after a new install.  For some reason it happend during the lightning storm as well, those clients all got factory reset somehow during the storm and were all in IR mode.

Edited by Jodean, 06 September 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Its not a question "if" they are having problems. Ive talked with directv advanced tech support twice about it. They know its a n issue but will not fix it. Their fix is to run a new cable down the side of a million dollar house and hard wire it to the router. Not exactly a fix is it??

#18 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

I swear no one can read anymore.......this happens on clients that doent update on new installs for a day or up to a week later.

Also had this happen after this last weekends hail/thunderstorm

Happening on c41-100 clients

Ive never had a genie unsync ever, that was a HSP install that the guy flagged me down accross the street from my install.

Cleints then.  What firmware is the client on that your having that issue?  I am sure you know since its happening so much. Are you saying the unsync after they update and that the process of updating is whats causing them to unsync? I have never once seen that happen either, and i have had more client updates than you have ever had in terms of firmware versions.

And you said earlier that thunderstorms cause it.

#19 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,640 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

For some reason it happend during the lightning storm as well, those clients all got factory reset somehow during the storm and were all in IR mode.

Sure sounds like the was a major power line problem.

A.K.A VOS

#20 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Cleints then.  What firmware is the client on that your having that issue?  I am sure you know since its happening so much. Are you saying the unsync after they update and that the process of updating is whats causing them to unsync? I have never once seen that happen either, and i have had more client updates than you have ever had in terms of firmware versions.

And you said earlier that thunderstorms cause it.

Yes, when the first c41's showed up the process was to wait till they flashed before programming remote in rf mode since the flash would put the client back into IR mode. Yet to program the tv code you had to first RF the remote. Ok that worked for a month or so till the clients quit doing updates while tech was still onsite. The clients started flashing 3 or 4 days later, and now they are doing it up to two weeks later. So every RF remote was wiped out during the flash that happened days later.

Still no way to force flash on clients. At first they did it like clock work within 20 minutes, now they dont update till the tech leaves.

But im sure you know all this already.....

spam firewall