Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV for Android updated to 3.0, boasts voice commands and new UI

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   OnTheRidge

OnTheRidge

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

Sammy, most call centers have a "clean desk" policy to prevent agents from (accidentally or intentionally) removing customer information from the premises; the only electronic devices they can use are their computer and phone.  Even pencil and paper are forbidden in many centers.

• jadielyn likes this
DTV customer since '97
2xHR24, 1xH24

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

I'm having the same issue as Sammy CL.  Works fine on iPad and I can ping the android device and recievers from my computer so I know they are on the same network.  If I don't have and don't intend on introducing an RVU client to my environment, will I not be able to see my recievers on my android tablet?  I have an HR34, HR20-700, 2 HR24-700s and a few other recievers.  The tablet is the ASUS Nexus 7.

#43 OFFLINE   wxguy

wxguy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:24 AM

I keep seeing the Directv ad that shows how easy it is to do this voice thing. OK, so I tried again to see if my android phone would work on my system. I get the same response as before, it sees voice activated receivers on my account, but doesn't hook up. I enter the IP address but never hooks up.

So I decided to look at the website for guidance. Hmmm. Says it only works on receivers I don't have, plus after looking farther down the page I see it only works with certain phone models, and mine isn't listed. 

Seems like marketing department and IT dept don't match up on capabilities. Am I misreading what this software is supposed to do, or is this one of those things that is screwed up like the latest government venture into software development? This is as bad as the Directv dvr to pc program that was floated out a few years ago, but I couldn't use it because only a limited set of computers had all the hardware that would allow it. 

I wish they would quit doing all this development on new features and just make my boxes work so it doesn't take 15 seconds to change channels.

#44 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 299 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

What receivers do you have, wxguy?  The voice search feature will only output results onscreen for the HR24's, the HR34's and the HR44's, as far as I know. 

DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#45 OFFLINE   wxguy

wxguy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

What receivers do you have, wxguy?  The voice search feature will only output results onscreen for the HR24's, the HR34's and the HR44's, as far as I know. 

HR22/100  The app says I have voice enabled receivers on my account. Same programmers that worked on Obamacare. I don't have the right cell phone either.

#46 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,557 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

HR22/100  The app says I have voice enabled receivers on my account. Same programmers that worked on Obamacare. I don't have the right cell phone either.

While voice search works with any HDDVRs, "on TV" feature only works with HR24 and above. 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#47 OFFLINE   mrjacobrussell

mrjacobrussell

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

OK mine is working now! I had called Directv support and went through 2 people and we could not get anywhere. They said to call back and ask for an escalation. It was interesting that they did not even allow the manager I talked to to have a device at work! Like how can you do a good job supporting customers when you can't even step by step with them. Anyway I finally got my return box for my D12 so I sent that and ordered my first C41, free from directv (shipping 19.99) because I had a Sony SAT-B65 that is obsolete. As soon as I activated my first RVU client, the Android phone app started working and recognized I was In Home, it listed the genie and cloent, voice search on tv woke up and works. Amazing. And frustratimg.

LOL you think you talked to a manager.

I have also had issues with this app since the update , I was able to make it see my dvrs by manualy entering the IP but then it forgets them. seams like its a buggy update to me,

HR44-C41-HR24
Rackable NM46X, 2 x Dual-Core AMD Opteron 2.4ghz 16GB Ram

- You Stay Classy San Deigo. :goodjob:

#48 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,700 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

LOL you think you talked to a manager.
I have also had issues with this app since the update , I was able to make it see my dvrs by manualy entering the IP but then it forgets them. seams like its a buggy update to me,

I had the same problem, but once I deleted and reinstalled the app, it remembers my receivers. It does take about 30 seconds after the app opens for the receivers to show up, however.
  • balboadave and mrjacobrussell like this
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#49 OFFLINE   mrjacobrussell

mrjacobrussell

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

I had the same problem, but once I deleted and reinstalled the app, it remembers my receivers. It does take about 30 seconds after the app opens for the receivers to show up, however.

Sounds like software as usual. "Trash user, Re-install" :D  

I know that fixes a lot of iOS / Directv issues but I've never ran into an issue on my Droid that I needed to actualy uninstall and reinstall before.

HR44-C41-HR24

#50 OFFLINE   mrjacobrussell

mrjacobrussell

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

A second update came out and now its detecting my receivers and clients, working fine now.

HR44-C41-HR24

#51 OFFLINE   balboadave

balboadave

Legend

• Registered
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

That worked for me too. Thanks.

spam firewall