Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Keyword Search Not Working

keyword search receiver

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   topher2041

topher2041

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

I am having an issue with one of my receivers. Not sure when it started happening. The receiver is a HR24/100 and is on software x736. I have had a keyword search on it for a long time and just noticed it is not recording anything. It use to without a problem. The search is "Manchester United" and it is set to record "Both" and up to 10 episodes. On the receiver if I do a search for "Manchester" tons of things come up. If I then scroll down and do a Keyword search for "Manchester" I get one item. I have tried pushing the red button to reset it and a second time after it came up and let the guide data redownload but with no luck. 

I also have another receiver, same model and same software version that it works fine on.

I have read on DirecTv forums about people with the same issue but no solutions other than try the double reset. They seem to point to a 12-21-12 update but I do not think it was broken that far back.

Any thoughts?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

You are mixing Search and Series in the same wording.

Are you Searching or in the Series Manager ?

I searched ( Typed in both words ) and have 7 entries in the results. They show up on multiple channels, 47,220, 619, 628, etc.

I did not search using Keyword.

If you set a Series on a particular channel it will only show the ones on that channel.

Edited by jimmie57, 29 August 2013 - 09:22 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   topher2041

topher2041

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

No I am talking about Search. Yes if I search for Manchester United both words I get 7 or so listing on different channels. What I want to do is record everything on all channels that has Manchester United. If I search for Manchester United and see those results and either push the red button on the remote or scroll down in the search listing to the bottom and select "Manchester United" Keyword, then pick All I get one item. I do the same thing on my other receiver and I get all the items that where listed in the original search which is what I want.

#4 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

No I am talking about Search. Yes if I search for Manchester United both words I get 7 or so listing on different channels. What I want to do is record everything on all channels that has Manchester United. If I search for Manchester United and see those results and either push the red button on the remote or scroll down in the search listing to the bottom and select "Manchester United" Keyword, then pick All I get one item. I do the same thing on my other receiver and I get all the items that where listed in the original search which is what I want.

I did the Keyword and got zero on mine. I also have the HR24-100.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   topher2041

topher2041

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

I did the Keyword and got zero on mine. I also have the HR24-100.

Did you get any results in the search before you went to keyword?

#6 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

I see what you are saying. I tried the search via the iPad app and get mixed results. The Search box shows 7 items, plus the "Manchester United Keyword" option. If I select the Keyword, I get 4 items. Here are some screen shots.

IMG_0205.PNG

IMG_0206.PNG

IMG_0207.PNG

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#7 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

Did you get any results in the search before you went to keyword?

Yes, I got the first screen shot by Merg with the 7 items in it.

#8 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 398 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

I also get no results, but I no longer expect my Genie to actually work.

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

#9 OFFLINE   topher2041

topher2041

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

I see what you are saying. I tried the search via the iPad app and get mixed results. The Search box shows 7 items, plus the "Manchester United Keyword" option. If I select the Keyword, I get 4 items. Here are some screen shots.

attachicon.gifIMG_0205.PNG

attachicon.gifIMG_0206.PNG

attachicon.gifIMG_0207.PNG

- Merg

That is right and what is support to happen. You get only 4 because a couple of them are under folders, UEFA & English. So there should be more in those to equal 7. I am try this on my tv/receiver.

#10 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

That is right and what is support to happen. You get only 4 because a couple of them are under folders, UEFA & English. So there should be more in those to equal 7. I am try this on my tv/receiver.

Good call. Since those are folders, they should give a number there to let you know how many items are in the folder. And the total from all the folders is more than 7, however, it looks like some are duplicates (repeat airings), so there might only be 7 unique shows.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#11 OFFLINE   topher2041

topher2041

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

Alright I think I figured it out or at least what is causing it and a work around for it. If someone else who has the issue can test this for me that would help.

The issue looks to be a bug in the software. This is only on my two HR24/100 and is on software x736 I have not tried  it on my others that are different models. There must be a limit in the length of the keyword for it to work. This was not the case before.

I was getting tired of typing "Manchester United" to test it so I started just typing "Manchester". That worked when I hit Keyword search on "Manchester" it everything showed up. So I tested what would work and what would not. I got all the way to "Manchester Unite" and it work. When I added the "d" it would not. Well it would not work if the only the title had it in it. If "Manchester United" was in the description or information it would show. So on a regular search of "Manchester United" I would get multiple items. Keyword search of the same thing would give me only 1 item. That 1 item had "Manchester United" in the description. 

So to test this I tried a different search. Something that would not have a description (sports best option). I tried "San Jose Earthquake". Search turned up quite a few shows, Keyword search of it only showed items that had "San Jose Earthquake" in the description. Mostly the from the DirecTV MLS package. Ones that where on ESPN or some others did not show but they did not have it in the description. I shortened the name to "San Jose Earth" and guess what all of them showed up.

So I just shorted my original search to "Manchester Unite" and it is working.

Edited by topher2041, 29 August 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,618 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

Clever work! But it doesn't seem like something anyone should have to do.....

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#13 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Alright I think I figured it out or at least what is causing it and a work around for it. If someone else who has the issue can test this for me that would help.

The issue looks to be a bug in the software. This is only on my two HR24/100 and is on software x736 I have not tried it on my others that are different models. There must be a limit in the length of the keyword for it to work. This was not the case before.

I was getting tired of typing "Manchester United" to test it so I started just typing "Manchester". That worked when I hit Keyword search on "Manchester" it everything showed up. So I tested what would work and what would not. I got all the way to "Manchester Unite" and it work. When I added the "d" it would not. Well it would not work if the only the title had it in it. If "Manchester United" was in the description or information it would show. So on a regular search of "Manchester United" I would get multiple items. Keyword search of the same thing would give me only 1 item. That 1 item had "Manchester United" in the description.

So to test this I tried a different search. Something that would not have a description (sports best option). I tried "San Jose Earthquake". Search turned up quite a few shows, Keyword search of it only showed items that had "San Jose Earthquake" in the description. Mostly the from the DirecTV MLS package. Ones that where on ESPN or some others did not show but they did not have it in the description. I shortened the name to "San Jose Earth" and guess what all of them showed up.

So I just shorted my original search to "Manchester Unite" and it is working.

Good trouble-shooting. Please post about this issue and all your testing in the appropriate Issues thread for your DVR/Software Version. That way it will be certain to be seen by the DirecTV engineers.

Thanks.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keyword, search, receiver

spam firewall