Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"Quote into PM" problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

I was reading a post in a forum and decided to reply to a poster in a PM including a quote of the message from the forum.   When I clicked the "quote into PM" button a new PM template opened up with the quote.  But when I went to type my PM I could not get my cursor into the area BELOW the quote!!   I could add text to the quote itself and even delete part of it but I could not enter NEW text BELOW the quote.

Is it my browser?  Is a special keystroke needed?

I am using the latest version of Google Chrome but the same thing happened with Internet Explorer 8.

Help!

PS:  This doesn't happen when quoting a post in a forum and replying in the forum.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

I did find a workaround but it is definitely an issue. Just get out of the WYSIWYG editor (top left button) and you can put the cursor to the right of the quote tag and add another line

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,198 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Put your cursor on the end if the quote and hit return a couple times. You'll be out of the quote.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,871 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

I encountered this earlier today...  The only 100% reliable way around it is to hit the light switch (turn on tag-display-mode) and put the cursor outside the quote tag and hit return and then type at least 1 character... then hit the light switch again to go back to WYSIWYG mode again.

It doesn't happen all the time... but happens often enough that I guess I've gotten used to it now.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...