Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Genie wireless bridge not functioning after power hit

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

Had a power outage in house that lasted just a few seconds. Everything is plugged into a surge protector. The video bridge was showing blue light however the HR44 was reporting it had lost the video bridge. Tried to check video bridge status and said none found. Tried powering down and back up,the bridge however all it does now is blink green light. What's up????

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,238 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

Unfortunately, outages of a few seconds are worse than outages of hours or days. . .  it probably blew something in the power supply.

Try a 30 second reset . . should reset to defaults if it works.  If not, call for replacement.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#3 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

Actually a reset of the HR 44 had everything come back normally after a 15 second power down of the wireless bridge.

#4 OFFLINE   kaminar

kaminar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Protecting many $1000s of A/V equipment with a surge protector is a disaster waiting to happen. Best to get some decent UPS equipment. Some get systems connected to their electric panel. Just saying..

-=K=-

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,641 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

Protecting many $1000s of A/V equipment with a surge protector is a disaster waiting to happen. Best to get some decent UPS equipment. Some get systems connected to their electric panel. Just saying..

-=K=-

a UPS is about the same when it comes to "protection" the only real way to protect is with a whole house protection system and having the dish inside this protected zone. this system cost several thousands of dollars depending on size of home

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

actually the biggest problem is what surge protector people use. Many think a $20 is as good as a better one. I've yet to see a decent one for under $50 ever. Most cost more than that. There is a big difference in them.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#7 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

My surge protectors were all over 100 and have very good warranty replacements. Been in the house for 24 years now never lost a piece of equipment.

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,641 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

actually the biggest problem is what surge protector people use. Many think a $20 is as good as a better one. I've yet to see a decent one for under $50 ever. Most cost more than that. There is a big difference in them.

Nahhh, they are all the same. they all have the same problem, which is in the weakest link. the one device not protected

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#9 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Nahhh, they are all the same. they all have the same problem, which is in the weakest link. the one device not protected

I can't tell if you are joking or not on this one. ;). Yeah it's always people forget to plug In That one device but wow are there differences in them.

spam firewall