Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Caller ID Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bofurley

Bofurley

Godfather

• Registered
  • 321 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

Last Wednesday my HR 34 Genie died, and was replaced with the HR 44Genie.

Since then my caller ID is showing Unavailable, Unavailable (for name as well as phone number), up until this morning this only happened on incoming calls, the original incoming call would show the name and phone number that had called. Then while on the phone talking, the Unavailable notice would come up every minute!

Then this morning when I checked the caller ID on the receiver, it had deleted all previous calls (25 default) with the message Unavailable - Unavailable, as well as every minute starting at 7:06 am today.

Actually when I got up at 4:00 today, this message was all  showing up, but then the message was for last night!I 

I shut off the caller ID early today so even when it is off, the caller ID is still sending the same message.

I have talked to DTv's tech support, but on one seems to know what is causing this problem!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

Others have also reported this, and it is supposed to be a known issue. See this http://www.dbstalk.c...le-ghost-calls/

#3 OFFLINE   Bofurley

Bofurley

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 321 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

What ever was the problem fixed it's self!

I shut off the caller id for a day, then turned it back on, and it has worked ever since.

Thanks for your reply.

#4 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Let us know if it stays fixed. I'm trying that same solution now.

#5 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

That solution seemed to work for about a half a day, but the ghost call notifications, when the line is use, have returned.

#6 OFFLINE   Bofurley

Bofurley

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 321 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

I am sorry, but the .problem has returned, and it will work for a  while then it will start over!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...