Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No option to record 'series'

Best Answer CCarncross , 31 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

Setup up a series link with the following keywords...

"PATRIOTS ALL ACCESS TTITLE"  then choose keyword search.

Wait for results, then  choose autorecord, then what parameters you choose, new-both-repeats, keep settings, etc.....if all 3 words dont appear in that order in the titles of the show it wont record...should get you what you want...

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

I've searched here for an answer, but I get too many responses with the search terms I've tried.  The threads I've found so far don't have the answer to my question.

We're trying to set up a series pass for 'Patriots All Access' (WBZ Channel 4 in Boston the market), but the option to do so is not there.  My guess is it's because of the way the program is described in the guide.

We're trying to do it on our new HR34.  We love this new Genie and client setup by the way!  The new 34 is light years faster than what it replaced!!   :righton:

The program is on at different times during the week as well as sometimes appearing on our Local Channel 38 instead of our Local Channel 4.  So, my thinking is a manual record is not an option.

When we do a search for upcoming shows it's there, but clicking the record button twice only activates and then de-activates the recording.

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:36 AM   Best Answer

Wait for results, then  choose autorecord, then what parameters you choose, new-both-repeats, keep settings, etc.....if all 3 words dont appear in that order in the titles of the show it wont record...should get you what you want...

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,484 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

....  My guess is it's because of the way the program is described in the guide.

Correct.  That station/network has not properly flagged this as a "series" in the guide information they provide to Tribune News Services.  

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,653 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

"PATRIOTS ALL ACCESS TTITLE" then choose keyword search.

Wait for results, then choose autorecord, then what parameters you choose, new-both-repeats, keep settings, etc.....if all 3 words dont appear in that order in the titles of the show it wont record...should get you what you want...

id put aall at the very beginning as well for that search.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#5 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • News Hound
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thank you!  

At first it didn't pick any of the 3 upcoming programs, but about 5 minutes after I set it up this way it picked one of them.  Because I chose 'Both' in the options I'm guessing it should flag all 3 eventually.

Thanks again.........

:up:

Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

#6 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • News Hound
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

id put aall at the very beginning as well for that search.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

Will do.......

Thanks.

spam firewall