Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Shoulder season/off-peak traveler?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,824 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Are you a shoulder season or an off-peak traveler? I will be taking a trip to Canada in late September/early October, which is off-season. I have also taken two cruises to Mexico in January..... definitely when it was cheaper. Anyone else?
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

My favorite time to take cruises is either Jan/Feb or Sept/Oct. both have the advantage of prices being down then and also not many kids on board. Of course during Sept/Oct you do risk hurricane season, but that's never been a problem for me so far and I have confidence that if there is a bad storm in the direction we're suppose to be going the captain of the ship will be smart enough to go somewhere else.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#3 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,766 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Are you a shoulder season or an off-peak traveler? I will be taking a trip to Canada in late September/early October, which is off-season. I have also taken two cruises to Mexico in January..... definitely when it was cheaper. Anyone else?

You're definitely between Autumn Peak & Ski Season.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

spam firewall