Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Scoreguide/Scoreguide2, DirecTV Programmers going Wacky?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   1948GG

1948GG

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

I tried to find the thread on the Australian Open Tennis channels, but was unable.

The various problems with the 'mix' channel and such seem to be fixed, along with the Scroeguide2 (or x or whatever).

So it looks like Scoreguide1 is fini. And with it, any scores on (older?) HD receivers (non-DVR's), as the system is HD-only (wonder what's going on with SD receivers, but I don't have any anymore...

So if Scoreguide(whatever) is going to be HD-only, are their any HD non-DVR's that do the HD 'overlays' like Scoreguide?

Why not use a DVR?  Because even the newest models are S-L-O-W in comparison, and when 'flipping' between games and such they are pathetic by comparison. 

One would think the H24, since it is '3D' capable, but I don't know, so anyone out there that has one and is getting the Scoreguide on the tennis channels okay, I'd like to know.  It's only $99.  Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Scoreguide1 isn't dead, it's still working on my D12 and R16.

#23 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,474 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Any of the HD receivers will do the original Score Guide. My son has an H21 and was showing it to me a few days ago with the Australian Tennis on it.

The Score Guide 2.0 has to be gotten from the internet and we are not connected with our TVs.

The new HR44 can change a channel as fast as your TV will handle the feed.

Edited by jimmie57, 17 January 2014 - 10:22 PM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#24 OFFLINE   1948GG

1948GG

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

As is fairly usual here, a whole bunch of wacky (and incorrect) comments.

The 'programmers' at DirecTV are apparently still 'hard at work' (tongue in cheek here) as when the Aussie Tennis multiple screens ended, the multiple scoreguides came back on HD DVR's and receivers.  We will see come 'The Masters' time.

'Whole home'?  The other day I walked into my local UPS facility, and noticed a DISH 'Hopper' machine sitting on the shelf, and commented to the guy manning the front desk if he had seen many 'come through'.  He laughed, and pointed to the 'pre-sort' area behind him, where there were (hold on to your socks) at least half a dozen HR44's waiting to be shipped out back to DirecTV.  And this in an area of the country, due to DirecTV failing to carry many local independent stations (they have added them mostly in the past couple of years, through) has a high DISH count.

I'll pass.  When DirecTV has a 'whole home' solution that has as many tuners as I do with 'standalones' (7 currently, all with OTA capability, so that equals 7 most tuners for a total of 11), AND the same amount of HD storage (6TB), then I'll take a look at it.  Otherwise, it's a huge step back.

#25 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,662 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

I have 13 tuners to record and 3TB of storage.  that is plenty for me.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...