Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

R16-500 Return

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jbf

jbf

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

Hello all !
I recently went back to watching HD after upgrading. Dtv sent HR24s for the upgrade.

When asked about sending old SD receivers back, they responded, No, just send the access cards out of them to us.
This doesn't say a lot for the old r16-500s. Must be obsolete!
Just saying is all!

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,808 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

Hang onto the R16 for a month or two. It wouldn't surprise me to see a recovery box show up on your doorstep. Or worse, a non-return fee show up on your account.

#3 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,812 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

Yes, hang on to it.

I deactivated a DVR, was told a return kit would arrive in 7 days.

It showed up 22 days later. I didn't make a second call, just waited.

So give it some time to be sure.

#4 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

And don't send the access cards back until you are absolutely sure they don't want the box back or you will send the box back and they will have a fit when they discover the access card is missing.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#5 OFFLINE   jbf

jbf

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

Hey guess what came to my doorstep today ?
You all were right, they ( DTV ) sent a return box. I was told only to return cards earlier, now they want the old receivers after all. Go figure...
Bad news is, I already sent cards back as per their instructions. Hope they don't forget that I did in fact return them earlier. I WILL NOT pay for them if told otherwise!
Anyway, have a good weekend!

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

spam firewall