Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Masterpiece Mystery's "Silk"

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,434 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Mrs. and I really enjoyed the US premiere on PBS. We were great Rumpole fans, and it felt good to be "in chambers" once again! :)

If you missed the first episode, it's re-airing on some PBS channels. There's no episode title, AFAIK, but the episode description is "Martha Costello takes on challenging cases in an effort to boost her chances of becoming Queen's Counsel."

/steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Mrs. and I really enjoyed the US premiere on PBS. We were great Rumpole fans, and it felt good to be "in chambers" once again! :)

If you missed the first episode, it's re-airing on some PBS channels. There's no episode title, AFAIK, but the episode description is "Martha Costello takes on challenging cases in an effort to boost her chances of becoming Queen's Counsel."

I will watch paint drying if telecast on PBS Masterpiece. So last weeks episode and looking forward to tonight.

#3 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,434 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

I will watch paint drying if telecast on PBS Masterpiece. So last weeks episode and looking forward to tonight.

Same here when it comes to Masterpiece Mystery. We're more selective when it comes to Masterpiece Theater, however.

BTW, there are 3 new Foyle's War episodes in the can. Can't wait to see those!

/steve

#4 ONLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Same here when it comes to Masterpiece Mystery. We're more selective when it comes to Masterpiece Theater, however.

You are right about Masterpiece Mystery. Am looking forward to three seasons of Silk.

#5 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,120 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

I enjoyed it, but the legal rules are hard to follow.  I remember having the same problems when reading British novels that have their legal system as part of the plot.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#6 ONLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Before I started watching this serial I look it up on IMDB and notice that this was the seventh season. I also notice that they were all available on Amazon Instant video. I am starting on the third season and looking forward to the rest. This might be the best of all the Masterpiece Mystery.

#7 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,434 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Before I started watching this serial I look it up on IMDB and notice that this was the seventh season. I also notice that they were all available on Amazon Instant video. I am starting on the third season and looking forward to the rest. This might be the best of all the Masterpiece Mystery.

Wife and I really loved the first 7 seasons. Besides some good yarns, the show offers a fascinating glimpse of what it really must have been like to live in England during the war.

And Kitchen's a wonderful actor, IMHO.

/steve

#8 ONLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Wife and I really loved the first 7 seasons. Besides some good yarns, the show offers a fascinating glimpse of what it really must have been like to live in England during the war.

And Kitchen's a wonderful actor, IMHO.

I agree with you completely.

#9 ONLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

Finally watch the first six seasons on Netflix. Now I can watch this season three episodes. Again I repeat this is on of the best shows on television.

#10 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

I watched the new Foyle's War Friday and it is as good as the previous episodes. I am looking forward to the next 3. With these shows I tend to get them from Netflix and will be watching Silks as soon as it is available to ship.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

#11 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,563 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

I have just set my record options to keeping ten, as I have but three Foyles and two Silks, all in same folder. I set to All, hoping I get the fill ins.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#12 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,434 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

I have just set my record options to keeping ten, as I have but three Foyles and two Silks, all in same folder. I set to All, hoping I get the fill ins.

You can probably watch Foyle out of order, but I really recommend waiting on the 2013 episodes until you've watched the first 22. IIRC, there's a bit of sometimes helpful back story that runs through some of the episodes.

Finally watch the first six seasons on Netflix. Now I can watch this season three episodes. Again I repeat this is on of the best shows on television.

There were 7 seasons through 2010 (22 episodes total), and the 2013 episodes (23-25) are actually season 8. Did Netflix condense them to 6 seasons?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310455/

/steve

#13 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

I watched Silk on PBS, than when vudu had season 1 in HD for $10, I purchased it to see what was cut from the pbs  broadcasts. Couldn't wait for next year, so I got non-us of seasons 1 & 2 on dvd. I'm through 3 of the 6 episodes of season 2.

aka Tivoburkee

#14 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

Exactly why I wait to watch them on DVD through Netflix. The next Foyle series will be 2 hours for each episode and PBS will condense that to 90 minutes, while the DVD will contain the entire episode.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

spam firewall