Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Questions about Hopper OTA Adapter

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

It isn't Hopper-specific...  Basically anyone with Dish and one of their OTA-capable receivers that lives in the same DMA as you should be able to answer the question.

We have some threads here in our Dish OTA forum where some have created posts that list OTA channels and available EPG data.  I don't know if there is one for your DMA or not.  I created one for my DMA in Raleigh, NC long ago... and though it might be slightly out of date as I haven't revisited it in a while, it is fairly representative of what is available for others in my area.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

So it IS the same adapter...I had assumed as much but then, you never know <grin>.  Thanks...I'll go looking in the OTA forum.

#23 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

So it IS the same adapter...I had assumed as much but then, you never know <grin>.  Thanks...I'll go looking in the OTA forum.

mnassour,

Stewart Vernon provided you with accurate information in regards to the Sub-Channels. Once scanned in, you should have the title listings and information for these channels.

There is a possibility that some of the information will not register and you may see a DISH slate on the guide.

Thanks

#24 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

That's kind of what I'm afraid of...and I haven't been able to find anyone locally who has the adapter.  I may have to start an Austin topic in the OTA forum if I can't get anything from elsewhere.

#25 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

Well, it isn't the same adapter... but the adapter has nothing to do with whether or not you see EPG data.

Dish has a few different types of OTA adapters across their different models of receivers right now... but they all draw from the same satellite-delivered information... so that's why I was saying anyone with Dish in your DMA who uses OTA through their Dish receiver could answer.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#26 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

Got it, makes sense to me.  Thanks!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...