Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Luther

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   slinger45

slinger45

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Just a heads up since the new season is starting on BBCA this week, my series pass, set to first run isnt auto recording the new eps so for those of you who watch the show you might have to manually record. Airing Tu-Fr at 10pm ET on 264.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jerrylove56

jerrylove56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

I caught that too.  Good update.  Wild show.

#3 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 675 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Are these shown uncut?  My wife and I just watched the first season of this show on Amazon Prime and loved it but all the episodes seem to be in the 52-58 min range, never mind some of the subject matter might be too graphic for a TV channel.

#4 OFFLINE   DrZ

DrZ

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

It's not unusual for shows shown in the UK to get tagged in the guide with their original UK broadcast dates when they show up on BBC America. As a result it's best to set up your season passes to record both original and repeats. That way you'll still get it even if it's tagged with the orignial UK broadcast date.

#5 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,030 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

http://www.dbstalk.c...er#entry3178348

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#6 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

It's not unusual for shows shown in the UK to get tagged in the guide with their original UK broadcast dates when they show up on BBC America.

It's common practice, not to mention technically correct since it is in fact the "first aired" date.  There are several networks that do this with shows previously broadcast in another country.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#7 ONLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,479 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

It's common practice, not to mention technically correct since it is in fact the "first aired" date.  There are several networks that do this with shows previously broadcast in another country.

The networks aren't actually the ones providing the original air dates; it's Tribune Media Services. The networks only provide Tribune with the show names/episode numbers, and then Tribune matches that info up against their database. Since they provide program listings in Canada and the U.K., shows that first aired in one of those countries will already be in their database with the original air date from that country.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#8 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,915 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

As Drucifer posted, there already is a thread in the TV Show Talk forum.  Since this is not strictly a DIRECTV discussion I'm closing this and asking everyone to continue discussion in the previous thread.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...