Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH TO LAUNCH 24/7 GAITHER TV CHANNEL

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

"Because of your incredible viewership, DISH soon will begin airing 24-hour-a-day Gaither programming on the next channel down, DISH Channel 255, beginning Monday, September 16! "

http://gaither.com/n...ther-tv-channel

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,170 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

"Because of your incredible viewership, DISH soon will begin airing 24-hour-a-day Gaither programming on the next channel down, DISH Channel 255, beginning Monday, September 16! "

http://gaither.com/n...ther-tv-channel

Hopfeully they'll put it in the Heartland package.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#3 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

I have no frame of reference for what this is. The website doesn't ...make sense to me.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#4 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

I have no frame of reference for what this is. The website doesn't ...make sense to me.

If you use the home button from the linked page it makes more sense. Gospel.

#5 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

a bunch of really old people sitting in rocking chairs singing...

#6 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

...beautiful music!

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#7 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

If you use the home button from the linked page it makes more sense. Gospel.

That was not what came up when I hit the Home button. I got a bunch women in flouncy, flowing, technicolor dresses with microphones. 

And it scared me somethin' fierce.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#8 OFFLINE   brucegrr

brucegrr

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts
  • LocationNey, Ohio

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Bill and Gloria Gaither are Christian musicians and they have been around since Noah got off ark. I heard them in Fort Wayne, Indiana forty years ago. They do primarily southern gospel style music and their videos tend to be gatherings of southern gospel singers and groups that were popular years ago. Every once in awhile I will watch one of their shows on the local Christian TV channel to find out who died. :) I suspect their core viewer group will be 50 and older. I am no longer a Christian but I do like listening to the Gaithers from time to time. They remind me of my youth.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#9 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 807 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

I take it gaither is paying Dish..........

Lost cloo, got religion.

chris

#10 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,234 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

If the new Gaither channel is a PI it would be replacing a lost PI ... not a channel DISH pays for.

Considering the content airs on other PI and non-commercial channels the new channel is likely a PI. It replaces a PI channel that went away (I believe the most recent was KBS).
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#11 OFFLINE   jamelar

jamelar

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

^^ Dish customers have been posting requests for carriage of channels, but who the heck requested the Gaither Channel????

#12 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,234 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

The Gaither's requested it ... it is a 24/7 infomercial channel for Gaither Homecoming videos and music.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...