Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pandora stopping after one song

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

My HR24-500's will load up and play Pandora just fine for one song than it hangs, the song tile never switches and a new song never starts. The HR24-200 and the HR22-200 run pandora just fine, I've run the gambit on my personal knowledge asking for help.

What I have done;

Rbr, unplug reset and menu reset, All work for 24 hours then problem starts again

disconnected sat in cable, reset network defaults, reconnected sat in, connected now. Problem continued.

account log out and reset connected to account no effect.

Reset Home network and CCK (hard wire) no effect.

Reset Whole home network all units no effect.

Reset defaults on the affected HR24-500 no effect.

NVRAM cleared. No effect. 

I would really prefer not to reset everything on the unit it has all my kids shows and movies on it. And I don't want to think about trying to get my 3 y/o to bed with out watching his favorite movie that is on the unit. 

Edited by otaliema, 06 September 2013 - 08:04 AM.

I am a former DIRECTV employee however all statements opinions, views, expressions, etc, are entirely my own even if logic says otherwise.

They DO NOT reflect on DIRECTV and or any partner, affiliated company's, polices, processes, opinions, or things that are not listed here.

Set up. HR24-200, HR24-200, HR22-200, H23-600. Whole Home, BBCCK, SL3 SWiM.

I have found that working with computers is like working with a toddler, sometimes there is no reason for the melt down, just keep on moving forward.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

Alrite I broken down and asked my friends at D* it's a software problem with the unit and Pandora, no ETA on update to repair the problem. 

I am a former DIRECTV employee however all statements opinions, views, expressions, etc, are entirely my own even if logic says otherwise.

They DO NOT reflect on DIRECTV and or any partner, affiliated company's, polices, processes, opinions, or things that are not listed here.

I have found that working with computers is like working with a toddler, sometimes there is no reason for the melt down, just keep on moving forward.

#3 OFFLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

I noticed the same problem last week but haven't checked on it again

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#4 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

Seems like this has been going on for months now. There are other threads on this same problem. I've just started using the Pandora channel on my ROKU and don't have any of these glitches.

#5 OFFLINE   Steveknj

Steveknj

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

I  had this problem on my HR21.  I think it's a bad network connection. 

#6 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

The information I was given which is what you would get if you called about it is.

Reset network defaults, 

Red button reset the unit

it's a temp fix till software is put out to repair the issue. 

The problem can affect any HRXX unit with Pandora so it's not uncommon to have only one unit in the house affected.

#7 OFFLINE   R0am3r

R0am3r

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

My HR22 still has this problem. It plays one song and never advances to another. Any thoughts?

HR44-200 via HDMI to Vizio 47" M3D470KD LED
HR22-100 via HDMI to Sylvania 26" LCD
H23-600 via HDMI to Insignia 19" LCD

*** Whole-Home DVR ****

Sony Blu-ray BDP-S550

spam firewall