Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Superstations going away Sept19th- get grandfathered now

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   sharonmu

sharonmu

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

Thanks so much for trying to help me i emailed her and will try and call her tommorrow. I really love dish network. But superstations is something that sets them away from different companies. I hope you can get yours back. And me too.

• comizzou573 likes this

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   Mariah2014

Mariah2014

Breaking the mold

• Registered
  • 836 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

I agree. I also did the same thing. I had only two of them to start with, but after learning about this and some content I had forgot about I add the entire back of them since I wouldn't get another chance too.

This forum is good for news. I did not know a out the superstation thing until I read that here. I would have never knew this. Because I found out I added all the superstations the same night that I read this here.

Not much on these channels that I am interested in looking at. But some day there might be.

Don't be afraid to be yourself.

#78 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Situation resolved for me and finally got my stations back on, didnt even know my pbs national was gone to, and they added it back.

Edited by comizzou573, 03 October 2013 - 11:15 AM.

• sharonmu likes this

#79 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Its one of the main reasons i switched from directv to dish. ANd the thing is i had cw from washington & the west coast. But loved KTLA & WPIX more. I am getting all american direct which since i have a hopper i have to pay to have them add the extra lnb 119. Which is stupid. And they won't let me out of my contract even though i asked if they carried the superstations. Its not fair  Sharon :bang

The main reason you switched, loved KTLA etc.. but you dropped them? That's exactly why DISH no longer offers superstations. Even a subscriber who switched to DISH for superstations didn't subscribe to them. Also the contract does clearly state all programming is subject to change. (As it does for virtually all carriers)

Also had you installed the 119 LNB at the time of getting the Hopper it very likely would have been included. In addition if you had the insurance plan you may have had it installed for less, then eventually drop the insurance plan, I know not everyone knows that. Dish can't possibly come out for free every time a customer wants a different satellite configuration. And beyond that, you are actually subscribing to a different company with AAD, so DISH makes no more if you do or do not subscribe to those distants. (They charge satellite space to AAD) so it's even less likely they will come out for free. Contrast that to wanting the 118 satellite for those channels from DISH and they often will work on the cost with you.

I do hope at some point you can get them.

Edited by tampa8, 03 October 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#80 OFFLINE   sharonmu

sharonmu

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Situation resolved for me and finally got my stations back on, didnt even know my pbs national was gone to, and they added it back.

Your so lucky I tried to call the lady you told plus email her she won't return my calls. Yours so lucky. Maybe someday they'll add them back. Sharon

#81 OFFLINE   sharonmu

sharonmu

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

The main reason you switched, loved KTLA etc.. but you dropped them? That's exactly why DISH no longer offers superstations. Even a subscriber who switched to DISH for superstations didn't subscribe to them. Also the contract does clearly state all programming is subject to change. (As it does for virtually all carriers)

Also had you installed the 119 LNB at the time of getting the Hopper it very likely would have been included. In addition if you had the insurance plan you may have had it installed for less, then eventually drop the insurance plan, I know not everyone knows that. Dish can't possibly come out for free every time a customer wants a different satellite configuration. And beyond that, you are actually subscribing to a different company with AAD, so DISH makes no more if you do or do not subscribe to those distants. (They charge satellite space to AAD) so it's even less likely they will come out for free. Contrast that to wanting the 118 satellite for those channels from DISH and they often will work on the cost with you.

I do hope at some point you can get them.

I had WWOR i was trying to save money  with KTLA on the 14th of july they told me i could get them back anytime even if i removed them . and got HBO & CINEMAX. when i tried to turn them back on the 20th i googled superstations and found this great forum. I still can't believe they did this maybe they'll let American direct take care of superstations. Or at least have another deadline. Sharon

Edited by sharonmu, 03 October 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#82 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Your so lucky I tried to call the lady you told plus email her she won't return my calls. Yours so lucky. Maybe someday they'll add them back. Sharon

If it was company error then they would be able to help out, but if you voluntary gave it up those channels. Then they would not be able to do anything for you.

#83 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

I had WWOR i was trying to save money  with KTLA on the 14th of july they told me i could get them back anytime even if i removed them . and got HBO & CINEMAX. when i tried to turn them back on the 20th i googled superstations and found this great forum. I still can't believe they did this maybe they'll let American direct take care of superstations. Or at least have another deadline. Sharon

Not impossible that AAD could provide superstations.

#84 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,258 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Not impossible that AAD could provide superstations.

Not likely either. They would need to lease more transponder space (DISH has other channels on AAD's transponder).
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#85 OFFLINE   sharonmu

sharonmu

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

I don't know if anyone like me is still upset over this still. But i did find something out about the superstations. I guess dish has added this but what i don't understand is if the law hasn't changed then they should give us all another time limit. Also does this mean if i ever move i'll loose the only one i still have WWOR 237.

This is a better place for dish news then the actual site. Plus i don't know how but i looked up dish some promotion places still say superstations available

But syndication exclusivity blackout requests have led Dish Network to stop selling one or more of the stations in some markets. As of September 19, 2013, Dish stopped selling Superstations outside of their home markets, only limiting them to those who were already subscribed to them at that point.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstation

I hope this is a okay post.

#86 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,258 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

It is a reference free comment on Wikipedia ... it would be better if there was an actual source behind the claim.
  • sharonmu likes this
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#87 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

All American Direct does not want any new customers but, they like our money. I contacted All American Direct on the pho e to order the distant TV stations offered. I was told by the receptionist this can only be done on he Internet. I thought fine. So I did that. I chose the channels that I want to order. Then I was asked for my credit card number and was charged ten dollars. I thought great I have all the distant networks offered. Well.....I looked on guide and saw these channels did not show up. So I checked my order status on the All American Direct web page. I knew then that I was scammed. On the order it read that I purchased some paper called a waver. I did not order that. I ordered channels. Do NOT get scammed out of ten dollars on All Americans Webpage like I did. That company makes its monies by charging peeps 10.00 and gives one nothing. At least the scam was only ten dollars.

Edited by SeaBeagle, 08 October 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#88 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Because you did not take the time to read what you were buying you're warning people? It couldn't be any clearer on their site. What did you think $10 was getting you? Here is what you saw but did not take the time to read.

Networks You Are Currently Eligible To Purchase 
If the table column below indicates that you are eligible, then the Distant Network is available once your order is processed. If the column says "Waiver Needed", we can submit a waiver on your behalf, to your local affiliate, asking for permission for you to activate Distant Networks which can take up to 35 days. We will only bill for the eligible networks at this time. NOTE: There is a processing fee for waivers.

Network Description Waiver Fee ABC Not Eligible - Waiver Needed $5.00 CBS Not Eligible - Waiver Needed $5.00 NBC Not Eligible - Waiver Needed $5.00 FOX Not Eligible - Waiver Needed $5.00 BIG 4 Networks Not Eligible - Waiver Needed $20.00

Their service has been great in all the years I have had it.

Edited by tampa8, 08 October 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#89 OFFLINE   sharonmu

sharonmu

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Because you did not take the time to read what you were buying you're warning people? It couldn't be any clearer on their site. What did you think $10 was getting you? Here is what you saw but did not take the time to read.

If the table column below indicates that you are eligible, then the Distant Network is available once your order is processed. If the column says "Waiver Needed", we can submit a waiver on your behalf, to your local affiliate, asking for permission for you to activate Distant Networks which can take up to 35 days. We will only bill for the eligible networks at this time. NOTE: There is a processing fee for waivers.

Network Description Waiver Fee ABC Not Eligible - Waiver Needed $5.00 CBS Not Eligible - Waiver Needed $5.00 NBC Not Eligible - Waiver Needed $5.00 FOX Not Eligible - Waiver Needed $5.00 BIG 4 Networks Not Eligible - Waiver Needed $20.00

Its kindly weird they did this. I've been sick & not feeling good but i talked to all american direct. And all i have to do is have satellite 119 to get it and they will automatically add them. They said on the phone i was able to receive East & West of all networks what they have changed is paying every 6 months or auto bill pay which i hate.:)

#90 OFFLINE   sharonmu

sharonmu

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

But it could be cause in my area if i had time warner i have subchannels from 2 locations. So maybe that's the difference if your in a big city you have to have a waiver :)

#91 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,258 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

People who are within the predicted coverage area of a network station must get a waiver from all stations of that network that "cover" their location. You're more likely to be in the predicted coverage area if you're in "the big city" a few miles from the transmit towers than if you live deep in the country away from the TV stations.

#92 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

True but, now ther monies come from their 10.00 charges.

#93 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,258 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

True but, now ther monies come from their 10.00 charges.

If you end up getting your waivers you can pay for the actual channels.
Unfortunately AAD must follow the law.

#94 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

All American Direct does not want any new customers but, they like our money. I contacted All American Direct on the pho e to order the distant TV stations offered. I was told by the receptionist this can only be done on he Internet. I thought fine. So I did that. I chose the channels that I want to order. Then I was asked for my credit card number and was charged ten dollars. I thought great I have all the distant networks offered. Well.....I looked on guide and saw these channels did not show up. So I checked my order status on the All American Direct web page. I knew then that I was scammed. On the order it read that I purchased some paper called a waver. I did not order that. I ordered channels. Do NOT get scammed out of ten dollars on All Americans Webpage like I did. That company makes its monies by charging peeps 10.00 and gives one nothing. At least the scam was only ten dollars.

Did you contest the charge with your credit card company?

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#95 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 796 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Did you contest the charge with your credit card company?

No, but I will. I live far from the bank. The next time I am in town I will.

#96 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Perhaps  can do it over the phone or on line also.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#97 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 796 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Perhaps can do it over the phone or on line also.

I should because I will not be near the bank for awhile .

#98 OFFLINE   sharonmu

sharonmu

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

Finally i spoke to someone about the superstations. Which i'm really fine just having wwor. Because i would prefer METV & ANTENNA TV maybe one day dish will add them in all areas. I can't get with a over the air antenna.

But at least people still wanting the superstations. And felt like they should've gave us all the option to buy before the 19th of september.

Customer Feedback

feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com

#99 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,258 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

And felt like they should've gave us all the option to buy before the 19th of september.

We all had the option to buy ... but it was not advertised that the option would go away.
DISH informed their retailers. Some of the retailers informed the Internet.
It was short notice but we had a thread here for almost two weeks.

We still don't know the long term future for Superstations. DISH is not required to offer them and other providers don't. Perhaps this is just a way of stopping people from subscribing before the channels are removed completely as superstations. I do not expect them to last forever. And advertising "sign up now while you still can" for something that is going away completely would be considered misleading.

#100 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

I'm with you, JL. I'll be stunned if the Supers are still available in 2015. I'll be mildly surprised if they're still there on Jan. 1, 2014.

Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...