Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

CCK with HR-44

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   knoxbh

knoxbh

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Question;  presently have HR-44 w/4 additional HR-24's, with one HR-24 connected to internet via CCK (wireless).  Since I have a HR-44, can I disconnect the CCK from the HR-24?  And if so, how do I activate the internet on the HR-44?  Need help for an 88yr trying to be a 20yr geek!

Thanks.

Finally made 86 - looking forward to 87!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

Just plug an Ethernet cable into the HR44 and remove the CCK. The HR44 will act as a CCK and bridge your home network to ALL of your receivers.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,160 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Yeah, the current CCK isn't really connected to that HR24, but just happens to be connected "near" it via a two-way signal splitter where it supply's home network and internet access to all the DIRECTV boxes over their coax MoCA networking.

But as Merg said, since the HR44 has a built in CCK (It's a built in "CCK-Wireless" actually), you can dispense with the one by the HR24 and just run a direct ethernet connection to the HR44 and be done with it. 

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#4 OFFLINE   knoxbh

knoxbh

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

Can't run a wire to connect the HR-44 to the router - will have to be wireless (as is the current CCK) - or is it not possible wirelessly with the HR-44? Why do I need to run an ethernet anyway, if it is wireless?

Thanks.

#5 OFFLINE   knoxbh

knoxbh

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Well, disconnected the CCK from the HR-24 which finally let us connect the HR-44 to the internet and can get all the extras on the TV which is connected to the HR-44; however, none of the other HR-24's will connect to the internet.  I assumed (and I know what assume means) that the HR-44 would act the same as the CCK and connect all HD DVR's to the internet.  What am I missing?

#6 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

How is the HR44 connected to your network? Also, did you have any Ethernet cables connected to the back of the other HR24's? If so, unplug them and reboot your receiver to activate the internal DECAs in the HR24's.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#7 OFFLINE   knoxbh

knoxbh

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

Thanks a lot for all your help.  After posting the last one, decided to do exactly what Merg said - rebooted the other 24's, did a network reset on each one and now have network connection on all the 24's.  Never realized I had to do the network reset on each one - works like a charm. 

Thanks again for your help - sorry I have been such a pain in the butt - have a lot to learn at 88 and not much time to learn it in.

#8 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hey, glad to hear its all working now!

#9 OFFLINE   Half Decaf

Half Decaf

• Registered
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Excellent thread!  I just ordered my HR44 and will have it connected to my HR24 in the BR.  What would be the best way to tap off the internet at the HR24 in order to plug an ethernet cable into a HTPC sitting next to it? Would I use a splitter and a CCK before the HR24?

Watch this space for even more exciting news

#10 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,160 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Yep;

That's all you can really do to gain access to the coax network signal near receivers like an HR24 or H25 due to their internal DECAs.

Though be advised this is not supported by DIRECTV as you will now non-MRV related IP data running through the DECA cloud.

But don't worry, it should work just fine as I have 2 PCs and a network printer currently running through mine. :) 

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#11 OFFLINE   Half Decaf

Half Decaf

• Registered
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Great news.  I won't have to rely on wireless in the BR.   Thanks.

Watch this space for even more exciting news

Protected By... spam firewall...And...