Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR44 - "This episode was canceled because of its recording permissions. (15)"

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LiQiCE

LiQiCE

Mentor

• Registered
  • 232 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

Has anyone had this error - I noticed my HR44-700 skipped a recording but my HR24 got it - and when I looked in the History, there are a number of recordings that say "This episode was canceled because of its recording permissions. (15)"

This happened to 3 recordings so far.  It is recording other things just fine too.

The three recordings were - Ultimate Spider-Man on Channel 292 (DXDHD) at 5:30am on 9/3, Anger Management on Channel 248 (FXHD) at 8pm on 9/5, and Formula One Racing on Channel 220 (NBCSHD) at 8am today.

The interesting thing is for Anger Management it recorded the next airing of it at 9:30pm on the same channel.  So it isn't a Parental Control issue or a channel thing and I don't think it would be Authorization issue since Anger Management worked right after.

I was not recording anything else at the same time.  Genie Recommendations are off.

Parental controls are turned ON, but there are no restrictions (I just use it to hide the Adult Channels).

So - my settings for Parental controls are Hide Adult, Allow X, Allow TV-MA, TV Content is "All Allowed", Allow No Rating, No Channel Blocks, Allow Web Video, and $0 spending limit on Pay Per View.

BTW- Incase anyone cares, I am using 0x740.

Edited by LiQiCE, 06 September 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Owned: HR44-700, HR24-500

Leased: HR24-100

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,523 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Do you have your recording options set to "First Run"? 

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   LiQiCE

LiQiCE

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Do you have your recording options set to "First Run"? 

Yes but all three recordings were first runs.  The Anger Management recording was a First Run and it ended up recording at 9:30pm instead of 8pm.  The Formula One Practice was also a First Run, and my HR24 has the same recording options for First Run and it recorded.

#4 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

I got a similar message when I tried to hit record on a Disney show in my buffer on my HR21 about a week ago. Said I did not have the right to record. I changed the channel and back and was able to record. I lost the buffer, though. Only saw it once.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#5 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,523 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

I've seen similar errors when the guide data changes after you have already set your recording preferences.  Is it possible that the original air date was changed in any way?  Or some other key piece of information that made your receiver think it should not record those episodes?

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#6 OFFLINE   LiQiCE

LiQiCE

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

I've seen similar errors when the guide data changes after you have already set your recording preferences.  Is it possible that the original air date was changed in any way?  Or some other key piece of information that made your receiver think it should not record those episodes?

I guess it is possible - but I don't think thats the case at least for the Formula One Practice because my HR24 recorded the Formula One Practice and both are set to the same thing in terms of Recording settings.

Edited by LiQiCE, 06 September 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   2muchtv

2muchtv

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 268 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

Bumping an older thread.  I have gotten this error several times recently for different shows and different DVR's.  The only common thing I see is that these are shows that come on every weekday.  I changed the recording preference to "Both" instead of "First Run" in case there is goofiness going on with the guide.  Unfortunately, it always seems to be my wife's shows - and it is giving her (me!) fits.

DirecTV customer since 2003

My Setup

#8 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,285 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

It may be the Start Over bug. There are several threads. This one may be helpful.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#9 OFFLINE   2muchtv

2muchtv

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

It may be the Start Over bug. There are several threads. This one may be helpful.

I hadn't thought about that.  I'll check when I get home. Is MSNBC one of the supported channels?

My Setup

#10 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,119 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

I hadn't thought about that.  I'll check when I get home. Is MSNBC one of the supported channels?

No.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#11 OFFLINE   2muchtv

2muchtv

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

It's Genie only as well.  I apologize - I bumped an old thread related to this issue that was started by a Genie user.  This is happening on my HR24's.

My Setup

#12 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,271 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

It's Genie only as well.  

no is not.  it affects HR2x as well

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#13 OFFLINE   mike17hirsch

mike17hirsch

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHenderson, NV

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

"This episode was canceled because of its recording permissions" (15) just happened to me on an HR24-100.

I have ESPN World Series of Poker set to record the series and while it recorded the first episode tonight, it did not record the second episode.  

There was nothing else recording at the time and I had set the options to "First Run" which both of these episodes were.

Based on above, I have changed the option to "Both" so it will record First Run and repeats - is that the way to resolve this issue?  I am not aware of the time/date changing for these episodes - WSOP is always a Tuesday night broadcast.

Thanks for any advice.

#14 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,285 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

I think you've got it. Sounds like the Guide data from Tribune Media Services was incorrectly tagged. 

#15 OFFLINE   Insomniac2k

Insomniac2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

Just happened to me tonight with Major Crimes. It was in the todo list 2 hrs ago and then I look at the playlist and it's not recording. Same error in topic. What in the world? Is it related more to scheduling? I had 3 shows scheduled to record at 8c, did it just get confused trying to work out the schedule against multiple airings. Similar situation the last time this happened. This is an HR24.

Edited by Insomniac2k, 04 August 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   pujoe1

pujoe1

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

This happened with Major Crimes for me also. Then tonight it happened again with Rizolli and Isles. Can't trust the system now.

#17 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,285 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

Well, welcome to DBSTalk anyway! :)  

Were those re-runs or first showings? 

#18 OFFLINE   Insomniac2k

Insomniac2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:17 AM

The first time it happened was with Rizzoli & Isles for me last week, and again last night. They were all first run. The crazy part is that after this happens, it ends up doing nothing. You can just go in and hit record, there will be no conflict. So it doesn't even record something else if it could. I haven't monitored this to see when it happens, but I can confirm the shows were scheduled to record in the todo list 1-3 hours before (I usually check the todo list in the evening to know what is recording that night).

There's already a message for canceling a recording that doesn't match the settings or programming updates, so what does (15) really mean? What are recording permissions? So far, it has only affected TNT for me. Coincidence?

#19 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,285 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

Post time and channel, so more of us can try to parallel your experience/troubleshoot. 

#20 OFFLINE   Insomniac2k

Insomniac2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Post time and channel, so more of us can try to parallel your experience/troubleshoot. 

Rizzoli & Isles, Channel 245, Tuesdays ~9p ET

Major Crimes, Channel 245, Mondays ~9p ET

I deleted and re-added the series recordings for both today. Still no clue what "recording permissions" are.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...