Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR44 - "This episode was canceled because of its recording permissions. (15)"

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:23 PM

Happened to me tonight on my HR21/100

Face Off, channel 244 8p CT

Nothing else recording at the time and 80% free space.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner

Icon

• Registered
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

Just happened to me tonight.  HR20-700.  Alaska State Troopers.  Channel 276.  I had the series set for First Run.  I had checked my To Do list earlier today and it was set to record.

It happened also yesterday.  At Midnight.  Channel 249.  Series options is set for Both.

If you can't trust the guide and/or the DVR then things are going downhill badly.

Sony 34" HD-CRT KD34XBR970 and Sceptre 40" LCD
Roku
R22 DVR / HR20-700 HD DVR
DirecTV since 1999
Waco/Temple/Bryan DMA

#23 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,221 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

Just happened to me tonight.  HR20-700.  Alaska State Troopers.  Channel 276.  I had the series set for First Run.  I had checked my To Do list earlier today and it was set to record.

It happened also yesterday.  At Midnight.  Channel 249.  Series options is set for Both.

If you can't trust the guide and/or the DVR then things are going downhill badly.

What does your History show about those two shows? Esp. Troopers, which may well have reruns of the show you missed. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#24 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,200 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

It also happened on all my DVRs.  For both Royal Pains and Ink Master.  Different channels.  All DVRs.    They all say "This episode was canceled because of its recording permissions. (15/0/)

I also had checked my To Do List last night for Royal Pains.  Didn't notice if Ink Master was showing or not.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#25 OFFLINE   murry27409

murry27409

Godfather

• Registered
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

Also happened to both my DVRs HR20-100 and HR22-100 for these shows:

HR22

9PM 245 Rizzoli & Isles

HR20

9PM 242 Royal Pains

10PM 331 Finding Carter

As of yet, neither DVR has scheduled a recording of a rebroadcast of the missed episode.  The HR20 does not show that it will record the 12AM rebroadcast of Royal Pains.

HR20-100
HR22-100

#26 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:41 PM

Variation: missed recordings for two different shows on two different Genies tonight.  My HR34 and HR44 were both set to record "Royal Pains" and "Face Off" at 9 PM ET.

On the HR44 only Face Off was recorded, with the below message (15) shown in History for Royal Pains.
On the HR34 only Royal Pains was recorded, with the below message (15) shown in History for Face Off.

Message in History: This episode was canceled because of its recording permissions. (15)

I've never seen before and I'm baffled.  The HR44 was recording the US Open on ESPN but there were no other conflicts - all tuners open and nothing else scheduled to record on either Genie. I have over 80% free on both DVRs.  I can't understand if there was a permission problem why the same show wasn't impacted on both DVRs.

#27 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,200 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

And why yours was not impacted on both DVRS and mine was!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#28 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

Does this have anything to do with Parental Controls?

I noticed both Royal Pains and Rizzoli & Isles list at the top "TV-PG-L", but near the letter box and HD logos is a "15" in a yellow box followed by "Iffy for 15+".

Yet under Parental Controls, there is no 15/15+ specific rating to allow or block.

So just wondering if anyone having this trouble has Parental Controls turned on?

#29 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,200 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:16 PM

I do have blocks set up for TV-MA. But my Rizzoli and Isles recorded fine on both DVRs, while Royal Pains did not

My Setup

#30 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:16 PM

The 9pm second episode of Houdini failed on my HR34 with the "recording permissions" message. It did automatically schedule the recording of the 12:31am repeat of that episode.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#31 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:18 AM

Does this have anything to do with Parental Controls?

I noticed both Royal Pains and Rizzoli & Isles list at the top "TV-PG-L", but near the letter box and HD logos is a "15" in a yellow box followed by "Iffy for 15+".

Yet under Parental Controls, there is no 15/15+ specific rating to allow or block.

So just wondering if anyone having this trouble has Parental Controls turned on?

No it doesn't 

The "15" in the yellow box is just the integrated information received from CommonSense Media. If you select Parental Info on the left side column you will get the detailed information about the program (from CommonSense). CommonSense has nothing to do with the ratings set in parental controls and is in no way connected with the parental controls on the receivers. 

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#32 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

Both my HR34 and HR44 are set with Parental Controls Unlocked - I've never even set a Passcode (PIN).  I noticed that if I ever did lock them, they'd be set to block TV-14 and TV-MA. I just toggled those settings, but they should have had zero impact since the DVRs were unlocked and I'd never had a problem with TV-14 or higher-rated content before.

#33 OFFLINE   PhilipDC

PhilipDC

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

I got it last night for the Royal Pains season finale. Fortunately I noticed it wasn't recording and switched over right away. The receiver also canceled the next two weeks recordings for The Bridge. I don't have any Parental Controls set. My receiver is a HR24-500.

#34 OFFLINE   mpie314

mpie314

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWaco, TX

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:29 AM

It also happened on all my DVRs.  For both Royal Pains and Ink Master.  Different channels.  All DVRs.    They all say "This episode was canceled because of its recording permissions. (15/0/)

I also had checked my To Do List last night for Royal Pains.  Didn't notice if Ink Master was showing or not.

Happened with me recording Royal Pains last night too (9/2). I looked and saw it wasn't recording and saw that message in the history. I did notice that it was in my to do list for the later showing USA does for their shows on same night, I did not check in the morning to see if it actually recorded.

#35 OFFLINE   clueless

clueless

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:31 AM

I've had this HR34 for about a year.  I've never seen this issue before.  It's running 0x8d4 installed on 8/21.  Also have two C31's.

Several programs that are set up to record as a first run series did not (or were not) going to record this week. However the same series were going to record next week.

I noticed this when Royal Pains did not record on 9/2.   When I look in History is says that "This episode was canceled because of its recording permissions."

When I checked into it further there were a few more that were not going to record.   I was able to go into each individual episode and set it record it.   Some examples are Hell on Wheels, The Bridge and The Strain.   Even though it appeared that this weeks episodes would not record, it looked like next weeks episodes would record.

I did a CLEARMYBOX and this weeks episodes still do not show up in the Series Manager count.  i.e. Hell on Wheels has a count of (1) even though there are 2 first run episodes in the guide.

Not sure if it has something to do with the new version of software that was installed on 8/21 or not.

#36 OFFLINE   GLJones

GLJones

AllStar

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

I have a bunch of programs that the History says CANCELLED on with the reason being "Due to a programming change."

Really annoying.

#37 OFFLINE   Sorraia3

Sorraia3

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNj

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

I had the same issue with Royal Pains Tues 9/2 at 9 pm. We noticed that it wasn't in the playlist at about 9:30pm so I checked the to do list and it had it in there for at 12am. This was the finale and we had been recording the whole series at 9 pm with no issue. When I checked the history for another reason I noticed the 9 pm episode was in there as cancelled with the permissions error and came on here to see what it meant. I had assumed the 9 pm one was not marked as new but the 12am one was. So at least it did record, but I am worried about this happening with the fall network shows that don't repeat at a later time. Especially ones on Fox and cw since those channels don't have on demand if one is missed. 

The Strain gives me issues every week as well but with no error messages in history, it just disappears. I also lost the 2nd Houdini too and had to find another showing. 

I wonder if the fact that a lot of these are picking up the episodes airing 3 hrs later instead mean it's getting west coast feeds by mistake. 

Edited by Sorraia3, 08 September 2014 - 09:04 AM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...