Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New HD ScoreGuide....Scores?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 936 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Had time today to really "test drive" the new ScoreGuide and what I found out is there are actually very few NCAAFB scores anywhere to be found. Tons of games today...On the "Today" panel for scores, only teams ranked in the top 25 have there scores displayed. So...I went into the "Browse by Sport" panel, selected NCAAFB, which again only displays nationally ranked top 25 teams. Then I selected all the different conferences for NCAAFB and again only teams ranked in the top 25 have a score displayed. If the conference has games being played between 2 unranked teams, there is no score to be found. In fact under that situation the panel simply says "No games". Living in Colorado, all of the major schools here played today, both CSU and Air Force from the Mtn West, and CU from the PAC12 played yet none of these games are displayed anywhere in the new ScoreGuide panels. I hope this can be improved upon in the weeks ahead. Its great to show all the various conferences, but if there are no games displayed, whats the point?........

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jerelect

jerelect

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

Very lame scoreguide.

#3 OFFLINE   deedee6259

deedee6259

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Louisville is ranked in the top 25 yet their conference is not even listed. I realize that the American Athletic Conference is new but it is not even listed under NCAA basketball. The new score guide is totally LAME!!

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#4 ONLINE   jerrylove56

jerrylove56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Based on input from others on another thread discussing this same subject, DTV folk don't seem very concerned about the scoreboard not working. I am still shocked that they took a working feature and turned it into a pile of steaming hot mess. I miss the option of keeping up with my favorite teams.

#5 OFFLINE   Uncle Lar

Uncle Lar

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Sometimes, when I press the red button, I get the OLD score system, sometimes (after a 4 second delay), I get the new system.  Sometimes, on various sports channels, NOTHING works when I press the red button (just beeps back at me).  Really messed up.

HR23-700 (powerline networked)
Mitsubishi 46" LCD
Denon AVR888
Paradigm Monitor 5

spam firewall