Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Woes and a new issue. Can't believe it!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

First this is our 4th HR34,  A year plus of freezing issues, buffer issues etc present in all the units all confirmed to have issues. Fast forward to today.  A couple of weeks ago we got our 4th HR34 and it was heaven, no issues, worked like a charm. Then the oddest thing occurred while watching a show, the guide popped up for no reason and began to scroll up for no reason, the blue logo in front began to blink at a very rapid speed, yet not normal way, like Morse code, 3 light, then pause, 3 lights then pause. Then the guide stopped, and then the channels began to change. For a few I thought perhaps the harmony was stuck, but taking that out of the equation didn't stop it. I did a RBR, it started back up and the front light began to blink extremely fast and the channels were just changing on there own. I then unplugged it and after reboot it stopped.  All seemed fine after that. This was insane what happened, we joked about a ghost in the house.

Now today we just noticed, it wasn't more than 10 minutes ago that if you enter a channel in the remote, it will display on the TV, yet it wont change the channels. Thought perhaps the harmony wasn't sending the signal right, so I pulled out the default remote and the same thing occurs. Now you can change the channels using the up and down arrows, or via the guide.. yet that's it.

i can't beleive it, it looks like another HR34 has something wrong with it. This has got to be a message i shouldn't be with direct, or a huge joke that i wish would just end.

What do you guys think is going on?...Im going to have to call direct and explain this situation and that is so bizarre on all ends. I just want an issue free unit, is that too much to ask for?

Edited by Datagg, 07 September 2013 - 10:26 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Are you using your remote in IR or RF mode? If IR, switch to RF and see if the issue persists. You might be experiencing IR interference.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Are you using your remote in IR or RF mode? If IR, switch to RF and see if the issue persists. You might be experiencing IR interference.

- Merg

Merg, thanks

I did try that, yet didn't help. I did however since my last post did another RBR, has to be the 3rd or 4th now since this issue began last night and its changing now. I hope this was just some odd quirky thing. But damn it was odd, 5 minutes or so  of what looked like some possesion had taken over the unit. Hope it stays good, yet my track record of these hr34's havent been good unfortunetly.  I just wish I new what made it go crazy like that.

Thanks merg for getting back to me so quickly. All seems good for now and crossing fingers it stays that way.

EDIT, forgot to add that after it was done last night going crazy, the unit changed resolution from 1080, to 480 and altered some other settings. Manualy changing the front panel to 1080 was unresponsive even though it slid to that output, the only way I was able to get it to go to the right format was to change it under settings. 

Anyways, all good for now... Thanks

Edited by Datagg, 07 September 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

Sounds to me like you need to call an exorcist!

All kidding aside I'm sorry to hear of all your problems. I know its not what you want to hear but with the prices being so low on the HR44 right now you might consider buying one from weakness or solid signal and then just deactivating and returning your HR34. The HR34 doesn't seem to like you and I know you hate it by now. Even though you shouldn't have to she'll out a penny to get it working properly, it may be the easiest solution. Good luck.

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,692 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

What do you have for the settings in :

Menu, Settings, Display, ( Preferences, Video, Resolutions ) ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#6 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

In the future, if possible, try to perform a reset using the menu as opposed to an RBR. A menu reset allows the DVR to shut down properly. Let us know if the issue returns...

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#7 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,820 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Call me crazy but what where your issues with the other units? And have you ever tried disconnecting the Internet for a while to see if your issues go away? And what else how all is your system setup.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

Protected By... spam firewall...And...