Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Why won't Direct Tv send me a HR24 for me to install?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

They know what receivers he has as they are activated on his account.  The problem is they don't know what kind of dish, LNB, mutliswitch, SWM, DECA, CCK, etc. set up he has since he paid a contractor to install it instead of having DirecTVs computer system build it out and ship the parts.  They don't want him installing a HR24 on a SWM system with a bunch of other receivers unless there is a bandstop filter in place because the DECA signal it puts out could damage the other receivers, and other stuff like that. 

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,474 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Yes, I believe it does. I hear it mostly as "dissed". So, verbing a noun, indeed!

It's not really a new thing, I've heard it said in some movies that were kinda old.  Very rarely see it in books, but I have seen more of it recently.  Just the language evolving, I guess.  

Rich

#23 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,317 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

It's not really a new thing, I've heard it said in some movies that were kinda old.  Very rarely see it in books, but I have seen more of it recently.  Just the language evolving, I guess.  

Rich

Yup, the same way "Google" became a verb

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#24 OFFLINE   i49mobile

i49mobile

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

I guess I will keep my two hr20-700 boxes until they bite dust. One of them is in a cabinet and I have fans keeping it at 111 in the hot summer. The other box in my bedroom stays around 102. I would assume keeping them cool will help their longevity. Steve

#25 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

I guess I will keep my two hr20-700 boxes until they bite dust. One of them is in a cabinet and I have fans keeping it at 111 in the hot summer. The other box in my bedroom stays around 102. I would assume keeping them cool will help their longevity. Steve

Keeping your receivers cool always helps...

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#26 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,041 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

You could always see if dtv will discount your account enough to offset getting one from solid signal. I'd get a genie though and require your system personally. Can't fathom ever not having a genie again.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#27 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,474 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Their normal running temps are between 123-126 degrees F.

Rich

#28 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

Honestly reading this thread back over, as  you have your HR20's with externals and fans to keep them cool, going to a HR24 will only net you a faster guide.

As the system is not recognizing the switch you installed at your house an installer will be required for any order with D* so at that point might as well go for the Genie and get that new top of the line and replace the non DVR in your house that way you add to your recording ability not just minorly upgrade them. 

The HR20's are compatible with the SWiM dish and the MRV tech. 

If one of the HR20's is a HR20-100 it will need a funky wiring but it will work. 

I am a former DIRECTV employee however all statements opinions, views, expressions, etc, are entirely my own even if logic says otherwise.

They DO NOT reflect on DIRECTV and or any partner, affiliated company's, polices, processes, opinions, or things that are not listed here.

Set up. HR24-200, HR24-200, HR22-200, H23-600. Whole Home, BBCCK, SL3 SWiM.

I have found that working with computers is like working with a toddler, sometimes there is no reason for the melt down, just keep on moving forward.

#29 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,474 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Honestly reading this thread back over, as  you have your HR20's with externals and fans to keep them cool, going to a HR24 will only net you a faster guide.

The HR20's are compatible with the SWiM dish and the MRV tech. 

If one of the HR20's is a HR20-100 it will need a funky wiring but it will work. 

MRV slows the 20-700s down very noticeably.  Without using MRV my one lonely 20-700 is almost as fast as the 24s.  I do run 10 HRs on my MRV setup, so you might see more speed from a 20-700 on a smaller setup.

Rich

#30 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

MRV slows the 20-700s down very noticeably.  Without using MRV my one lonely 20-700 is almost as fast as the 24s.  I do run 10 HRs on my MRV setup, so you might see more speed from a 20-700 on a smaller setup.

Rich

Did not know that MRV slowed down the HR20-700's I knew the MRV was slow on the uptake and load but it's slow on everything.

Noted for future. :)

I am a former DIRECTV employee however all statements opinions, views, expressions, etc, are entirely my own even if logic says otherwise.

They DO NOT reflect on DIRECTV and or any partner, affiliated company's, polices, processes, opinions, or things that are not listed here.

Set up. HR24-200, HR24-200, HR22-200, H23-600. Whole Home, BBCCK, SL3 SWiM.

I have found that working with computers is like working with a toddler, sometimes there is no reason for the melt down, just keep on moving forward.

#31 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,474 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Did not know that MRV slowed down the HR20-700's I knew the MRV was slow on the uptake and load but it's slow on everything.

Noted for future. :)

I have ten 24s on my MRV system.  I see no difference in speed when I take one off and use it without MRV.  My MRV (an oddity, it uses two cascaded SWM16s) is not slow.  Some functions such as deleting a bunch of recordings at once take a bit of time, but I expect that to happen.  

Rich

#32 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

I have an HR20-700 and 2 other HR's, and I notice no difference in speed when its on or off the MRV...my HR20 is just as speedy as ever....but I have replaced the HDD.....and I've got 2TB externals on all 3 of my HR2x for 6TB.....

spam firewall