Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Stupid question but how can I verify I am authorized for NFLST&Max? On screen it says "buy now"

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

So for the last week I have been getting emails from D* saying that there is a free trial this weekend and email another saying "hurry and get $50 off NFLST" and then when I DVR'd a 1p game today from my phone (D*app) while I was on the road back from out of town it said I wouldn't be charged until I recorded the program.  Well, I just walked in the door and fired up the game and it pulled the game up on my playlist and it says "buy now" in addition to play, delete, etc.  

Sp my question is......What's going on?  How can I verify that everything is just a blanket for all D* subs and next week those of us that have the NFLST package don't have to freak out when the games start and it says not authorized?  Something I can verify online or a specific channel?  

TIA!

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Here is a screen shot of the "My Programming" page for my account.  Now I'm even more confused as it appears to show that I am at NFLST sub and also further down has the option to add it???

Attached Thumbnails

• NFLST.png

Edited by 996911, 08 September 2013 - 12:35 PM.

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#3 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

You are good to go. You have NFLST Max. The other is without MAX

JACK,

#4 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for the reply.  So I assume they just send ALL subs the emails instead of filtering out those that already have it?

:gulp:  I just noticed your avatar.........

Edited by 996911, 08 September 2013 - 01:43 PM.

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#5 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Um, yeah, so apparently D* has screwed up yet again.  I can tune into the Red Zone channel (703?)  and can log into my NFLST app but I can't tune into any of the games.  I get THIS message...... 

So now I get to deal with a CSR.  Glad I wasn't out of town this weekend like I was last.  Would not have been happy to have a failed recording.  

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7368.jpg

Edited by 996911, 15 September 2013 - 10:44 AM.

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#6 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

On the phone with D* right now.  Been on for over 10 minutes and the CSR doesn't have a clue.  THe game is now underway and I don't have a game.  UGH!!!

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#7 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'm not sure I understand what is taking so long.  Been on with the CSR for 26 minutes now and she keeps having me tune to different "700" channels and they all say "watch for $44.99" yet she can't get any of the games to go hot on ANY of my 6 boxes.  I can watch RZC and my NFLST MAx iPad app (and computer) but not a single game on TV.  Really starting to lose patience here.  

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#8 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,242 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'm not sure I understand what is taking so long. Been on with the CSR for 26 minutes now and she keeps having me tune to different "700" channels and they all say "watch for $44.99" yet she can't get any of the games to go hot on ANY of my 6 boxes. I can watch RZC and my NFLST MAx iPad app (and computer) but not a single game on TV. Really starting to lose patience here.

Has she done a Refresh Services of your receivers? You can also do it on-line via your account.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#9 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

She just did that and we keep getting the same problem.  I'm now  over 45 minutes.  This is really going south quickly.    I just tried to log into my NFLST Max account online and the D* website is down.  I kindly asked the CSR to please find somebody that can fix this.  

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#10 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

She just came back on the line and said she's going to remove NFLST and then re-add to my account to see if that works.

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#11 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Wow, I'm now over an hour on the phone with Directv and still no resolution.  And some wonder why many don't like to call Directv.  There is NO REASON that a customer shuld be on with a CSR for over an hour to fix something like this.

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#12 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

ANd it just keeps getting better.  I just got kicked over to another CSR while on hold and have to start the entire process again.  My patience has just about expired.  The new CSR has said she doesn't have the authority to make the NFLST changes so the games are active and now needs to send me to another department......the mover's department.

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#13 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,685 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

Sounds like you issue is more then just not being turned on right. I'd ask for retention or access card department. Or technical help.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#14 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

Newest update.  Been on for 1hr 39min.  THe guy at the movers department was very apologetic about what has happened and is working on getting this corrected.

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#15 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

And we're done.......

2 hours 6 minutes and I finally have my games on.   Not amused that it took that long.

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#16 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,478 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Of course not. Do you know what caused the snafu? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#17 OFFLINE   JosephB

JosephB

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,109 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

And we're done.......

2 hours 6 minutes and I finally have my games on.   Not amused that it took that long.

Looks like you got snagged by a technical issue. It sucks, but I'm sure that everything at your job is always 100% perfect and no one ever screws up ever and equipment never breaks.

#18 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Looks like you got snagged by a technical issue. It sucks, but I'm sure that everything at your job is always 100% perfect and no one ever screws up ever and equipment never breaks.

Do you have a point?  Or are you just trying to be somebody who likes to be oppositional?  Of course things aren't 100% at my job.  I never said they were perfect.  You seem to think that this flawed logic makes the 2+ hour CSR ineptitude excusable. 

I'm not mad.  I'm not threatening to leave D*.  I never raised my voice once at the CSRs over the course of 2+ hours and even thanked Noah (my final rep) for finally getting me all sorted.  I don't fault them for something going wrong.  Their inexcusable screw-up was that nobody could "fix' the issue until I was finally transferred to a department that had the authority to "fix" the problem.  Having me reset boxes (all of them one by one) and then putting me on hold every time to then have me do yet another pointless task is a waste of my time and the CSR's time.  If they aren't trained well enough to read what is on the account and what isn't is inexcusable.

When I finally got transferred after I politely told the CSR that she needs to connect me with somebody that has the power to fix this instead of making my jump through countless hoops.

Do you know what caused the snafu? 

Simple and exactly what I thought it could be (and I even told the first CSR in the first 5 minutes of my call).  The last CSR said "sir, it looks like somehow you only have the MAX upgrade to NFLST which is odd but I'm going to get this taken care of ASAP".  When my football package was added only the "MAX" box was checked and not the base NFL package checked.  So I had all the MAX extras (i.e., iPad access, computer access, RZC) but no games.  They really need to have a fail safe system that doesn't allow MAX to be purchased (or added) without the base package.

I could have done without the NFLST today anyway as once again the Cowboys found a way to choke in the 4th quarter of a game.  Time for a drink to look back on this day and laugh :)

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

spam firewall