Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Exit button question - HR44-500

Best Answer knmlee , 08 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

Just did a red button reset and the exit button is now working.   Should have done that before posting.    Thanks....

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   knmlee

knmlee

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Just upgraded to Genie HR44-500 with the RC71 remote.    Does anyone know how to exit from the guide without having to hit the back button multiple times?    With my old receiver, I could hit the exit button to get out of the guide (or menu or list).    Now, the exit button does nothing when in the guide, menu, or list.   It will exit out of the info banner and the mini guide that comes up when you press the enter button.    Any ideas?

Also, when I do exit from the guide by pressing the back button, I always get this message:  "Loading TV Apps...   This may take a moment".    Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mark

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

I switched back to my RC65RBX for many of the reasons you have listed.  But - the left arrow button did not bring up TV apps for me.  Only the right arrow button.  That is very strange.

Also, my "exit" button does exactly that, exits whatever screen I am in.  Your remote is acting very strangely indeed!

You can try resetting the remote:

Reset RC71 Remote:

Press MUTE + Select at the same time until the green LED blinks twice. Press 9 8 1 on the remote, and the green LED should blink four times.

You would have to re-program it for RF and for your TV and any other devices if you do this.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   knmlee

knmlee

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:13 PM   Best Answer

Just did a red button reset and the exit button is now working.   Should have done that before posting.    Thanks....

#4 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,585 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

I switched back to my RC65RBX for many of the reasons you have listed.  But - the left arrow button did not bring up TV apps for me.  Only the right arrow button.  That is very strange.

TV Apps works only on right arrow, in my experience. Left arrow today brings up whatever was there before, Guide or List, etc. In other words, a Back button. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...