Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv Customer Service

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chris24

Chris24

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

I just Directv and there are closed.But there web site says 8am-1am ET 7 days.If there hours are diffrent they to correct that

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,696 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

they are always open  call 1-800-531-5000

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   Chris24

Chris24

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

they are always open  call 1-800-531-5000

I called that number I wanted to speak to someone & a recorded message said the offices are closed.

#4 OFFLINE   JosephB

JosephB

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

What are you calling about? Depending on what your request is about, they have different hours. 

Customer Service
1-800-531-5000
General support is available 8 am - 1 am EST, 7 days a week
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Order DIRECTV
1-855-837-4388  
Agents available 8 am - 1 am EST, 7 days a week

http://www.directv.c...tent/contact_us

#5 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Funny i was just abut to ask what number to call,I keep getting mail about coming back to directv the number they gave to call is 1-800-486-0183.Should i call that number or the 1-800-531-5000? my phone already has the number 800-347-3288,,why do they have so many phone numbers?which number will give me the better deal to come back?

#6 OFFLINE   JosephB

JosephB

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Funny i was just abut to ask what number to call,I keep getting mail about coming back to directv the number they gave to call is 1-800-486-0183.Should i call that number or the 1-800-531-5000? my phone already has the number 800-347-3288,,why do they have so many phone numbers?which number will give me the better deal to come back?

You may be calling a reseller. They also often use different phone numbers to get to special departments like NFLST or retention or movers.

#7 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

I think i'll just call the one i already have in my phone which is the 3288 number,hopefully i can get a good deal to come back thanks!

#8 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

ughh! that went awful! the csr wont let me get another dvr despite explaining i had bought my hr20  before they had the lease program. I sent it back when i left 3 years ago despite owning it because i was afraid directv would try to charge me $300.00 if  i didnt return it. I kept my other 2 tivo hr 10-250s (because they didnt want them back).I want the genie hr44 and another dvr for the bedroom. she kept insisiting i could only get the genie and mini genie,And she said the genie mini is a DVR. I felt frustrated when we got disconnected so i didnt call her back. I think i'll have to call the office and explain my situation I also dont thnik,the csr didnt know what i meant when i asked about getting my free lifetime service fee back,as per their website which states  if you paid a lifetime service fee you will not be charged a fee for you directv dvr service as long as you maintain television programming from directv on the same account. if you disconnect your directv television programming service and later reconnect on the same account, your directv DVR  service will be reconnected  and you will not be charged a fee for directv dvr service. I really want another dvr because i  feel they should at least let me have the 2nd dvr even though i know i wont own it.

#9 OFFLINE   JasTay4224

JasTay4224

• Unregistered / Not Logged In
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

If you left Directv for three years... Your out of luck. Don't mean to be a bummer...
HR34 / (5) HR24's / HR21-Pro Model / WVB + (1) C41W

#10 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 512 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

I just Directv and there are closed.But there web site says 8am-1am ET 7 days.If there hours are diffrent they to correct that

Direct TV does not have the best customer service. DISH has 24 hour phone support as well as 24 hour live chat room.

#11 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,702 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

ughh! that went awful! the csr wont let me get another dvr despite explaining i had bought my hr20  before they had the lease program.

DIRECTV's adoption of the current receiver lease program predates the release of the HR20.

Regular DIRECTV customers do NOT have the option of multiple Genies on the same account at this time.

If you left DIRECTV three years ago, the chances of restarting the old account would seem to be pretty slim and with those chances, so goes your lifetime DVR chances.

All things considered, the story you were given is pretty much the way it is.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#12 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,913 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

He doesn't say he wants two Genies, he wants a HR44 (which may or may not happen) and another DVR. That certainly is possible.

#13 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,913 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

Direct TV does not have the best customer service. DISH has 24 hour phone support as well as 24 hour live chat room.

I'm sure like every other major company, people have had issues with Dish CS as well.

#14 OFFLINE   Studiggity

Studiggity

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBoise Idaho

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

get the install complete first then the very next day call in and say you dont like the client (mini genie).  you can get a dvr but expect to pay full price of around 300 dollars.  if you get it for less then 200 your are getting a good deal.  just remember dtv is a company that has to make money.  they dont money if they give out multiple advanced receiver to all customers.  Everyone would want that and DTV would go out of business.

#15 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,696 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

get the install complete first then the very next day call in and say you dont like the client (mini genie). you can get a dvr but expect to pay full price of around 300 dollars. if you get it for less then 200 your are getting a good deal. just remember dtv is a company that has to make money. they dont money if they give out multiple advanced receiver to all customers. Everyone would want that and DTV would go out of business.

An HDDVR "everyday" price is $199.00 not $300

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#16 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,702 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

An HDDVR "everyday" price is $199.00 not $300

It is notable that even new subscribers have to pay the $199 price to get a Plus HD DVR now.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#17 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

I understand what you guys are saying,who knows maybe i'll like the mini  Hr41 or whatever its called. I guess i just feel that since i had bought all my dvrs from directv  BEFORE they started the lease program that if i came back they could at least allow me to get another hd dvr with the genie,I know i wont own it its just that i had spent over $2500.00 for all my tivos i had purchased and the hr 20 i sent back had replaced one of the tivos that i paid $800.00 for at best buy, and that was a hr20-100 that was selling for $199.0 at the time,I couldnt get another tivo hd dvr because directv was not selling them anymore and were trying to switch to mpeg 4. any way  after i calm down i might just go with he GENIE hr44 and mini and see if i like it ,if not i'll see about buying another hd dvr. And  i guess  just have to forget about the dvr fee , I really regret leaving directv in the firs place, I had free lifetime dvr service plus the east coast dns channels but i got mad when they seemed to abandon tivo ,but then later came back with the new tivo hr 22 but they dont look like they really care about tivo as they didnt include all the good things the genie has and does, In the end i realized i missed having directv and  all the nba league pass games in HD and the dual feeds more than i missed tivo.

Edited by celticpride, 09 September 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,913 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Tivo shares at least as much responsibility, if not more, for the state of the THR22. Tivo is the one that develops the software.

#19 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,702 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

I guess i just feel that since i had bought all my dvrs from directv  BEFORE they started the lease program that if i came back they could at least allow me to get another hd dvr with the genie,I know i wont own it its just that i had spent over $2500.00 for all my tivos i had purchased and the hr 20 i sent back had replaced one of the tivos that i paid $800.00 for at best buy, and that was a hr20-100 that was selling for $199.0 at the time,I couldnt get another tivo hd dvr because directv was not selling them anymore and were trying to switch to mpeg 4.

You're clearly not understanding that I'm saying that you did NOT purchase the HR20. You paid a "lease entry fee" of $199 that gave you the privilege of leasing the DVR from there on out. The initial lease entry fee was $299 a pop and you were absolutely expected to return the box upon parting ways.

#20 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

No guarantees you'll get a 44 either. Depends on what the installer has on his truck.

You should be able to get a Genie and another DVR. Might not be for free though.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...