Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

longer and longer pause on delete....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jksellman

jksellman

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

I have an HR20 with an outboard 2TB HDD.....

Recently it has begun to take a long time for the system to delete a program from the DVR.

The longer the program, the longer the time to delete (a period of time when the screen shows the sections

for information, but there is no text and the system won't respond to commands).

A sports program that is 5 or 6 hours long can render the system in this frozen mode for up to sixty seconds.

This is a fairly recent development...I have had this system running for a few years with out these long delays when deleting.

Is this common? Any ne know how to speed it up like it was before??

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

RUn tests on the drive, it could be failing...if you restart your receiver through the menus, when it says running receiver self check, hit the select button on your remote, it will take you to an area you can run tests on the external hdd.

#3 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,575 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

I recall that phenom on my now retired HR20-700. What software version? How full the drive? Some times clearing the Guide can speed things up; two menu resets within 30 minutes. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#4 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

This happens on both my HR20's both of which have external HDDs (1 is 1GB, the other 2GB).  It doesn't matter how full the drives are (neither is more than 50% full at the moment), whether I reset even doing the "double reset," or whether I clear NVRAM.  Nothing makes it faster.  Deleting programs from the play list using the red button can take up to a minute.  I do that rarely, though, so what bothers me more is that when I delete a program, and it takes me back to the play list, it can take up to 30 seconds before the list populates, and I can then make another selection. 

I don't think it's the HDDs as they have both tested OK (with the short test), and the year or so that this has been happening I have never had a bad or missed recording and only very rare pixelation during playback.

SMK

spam firewall