Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Audience 101 Starting to Show Homeland?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HD Man

HD Man

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

I was flipping through channels this weekend seeing what to record with the HBO/Max preview and noticed that Audience 101 was showing the first two episodes of "Homeland".  Are they going to show the rest of the first season, was this a preview getting ready for S3??  Did anyone else notice this?

I set the DVR to record the first two episodes, so I haven't had a chance to view it yet.  

That would be pleasant surprise if they show the first season of Homeland as an introduction to S3.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

no they won't, showtime put a couple episodes on the 101 to tease you, to make you buy showtime for the upcoming season, and i bet we get a free showtime weekend when season 3 later this month

#3 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,472 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

no they won't, showtime put a couple episodes on the 101 to tease you, to make you buy showtime for the upcoming season, and i bet we get a free showtime weekend when season 3 later this month

Could you please rephrase this? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#4 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

Could you please rephrase this? 

networks will put sneak peak on the 101 to tease you, hoping you might like series and buy Showtime for Homeland for upcoming season, i seen it many times before

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,472 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

Thanks. I think you meant the Showtime preview shortly before the new season starts? Is it likely to be the whole season? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#6 OFFLINE   HD Man

HD Man

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Ok thanks for the info.  That was the first time I saw Homeland on the Audience and was just curious. 

#7 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

yes , i seen a few other times with other series. to get people hooked, the same reason them channels have freeview, i bet Showtime have a freeview weekend the last weekend of this month because Homeland Start and want to subscribe for that

#8 OFFLINE   Bronxiniowa

Bronxiniowa

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

I recall also that Audience bowdlerized the episodes the last time they had Homeland on, in season 1. Dialog especially was bleeped, and a scene or two might have been axed as well.

spam firewall