Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Copying Favorites from Hopper w/Sling to Joeys

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

I finally got around to creating my favorites Favorites (Favorites, Movies, Sports, News) and discovered that my 2 Joeys don't show these, only the default ones.

I found an old thread that copying from one to another was not possible, but is it now?

And if not, why not, as this seems that it should be easy? We can view the status on all sets and join them, we can pause and resume in another room, but do I have to actually re-enter all my custom Favorites from each Joey?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

it's no big deal to do that ... any customer would have own unique Fav lists, so the copy has no value for masses

#3 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

it's no big deal to do that ... any customer would have own unique Fav lists, so the copy has no value for masses

Actually that's my point. As a family (of two in the house) there's a set of Favorites in those categories that need to be accessed from any of the three sets. So I have to set up identical lists on the two Joeys, since I originally set them up on the Hopper. I just want the Hopper Favorites to also (or a choice) be on the Joeys.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

you are the first one with the request for two years since H released - congrat :)

#5 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

you are the first one with the request for two years since H released - congrat :)

Actually surprised at that. Sounds like no hope, so I'd better get my spreadsheet out in front of the two Joeys :bowdown:  

And of course, whenever DISH changes part of the lineup, it's back to the sets...

#6 OFFLINE   allen98311

allen98311

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

I would like that feature as well, it would be a lot easier to make a list once then copy it to the Joeys than it is to set them up individually. Especially with them loosing channels off the favorites list all the time!

#7 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 571 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

You'd "think" it would be easy... but I think Joeys have a mind of their own.  I lose 1 local channel in my favorites at least once a month, and moves around from Hopper to Joey (a "common" favorites list would be nice).  Also DVR movies that I can watch on my Hopper, sometimes say "not subscribed" when trying to watch on a Joey (even though all DVR movies is on the Hopper)...  but I can log in with my Nexus 7 and watch them all.

#8 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Are those "not authorized" movies stored on an external drive?

#9 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 571 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Not on ext drive, just on main Hopper.  Only "MoMax" movies recorded during free preview.  All other free preview channels work fine on all units.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...