Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie/HR44 bug with playback of out of market MLB EI - starts live

Genie HR44 MLBEI playback

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kkl

kkl

Mentor

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

I believe there is a bug with Genie/HR44 playback of out of market MLBEI.  I got my receiver last week and noticed that when I started a playback of a MLBEI game that was still recording, the playback would start at the current time (i.e. live).  I would try to "Start Over" the playback, and the same thing would happen.  The only way I could get to the start of the game was to rewind to it, but if I rewinded all the way to the beginning, it would go live again.

After this happened a few times, I also noticed the flash of an error message:  "All or part of this program was not recorded due to a problem at broadcast time.  Please wait while we scan the recording for a viewable content."  This only flashes for a fraction of a second before the playback goes to live.  If the recording has completed, the playback starts at the beginning.

I normally record an out of market team.  I tried my in market team/channel and the error message did not occur and the playback started at the beginning.  My theory is that the brief delay in the channel getting authorized is causing Genie to glitch.  This does not happen with my other DVRs.

This is obviously a problem to try to watch a game from the beginning and have it start live.  Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Edit:  I should have included software version, 0x740

Edit:  The error message I'm briefly seeing now (9/12) is:  "All or part of this program did not record.  The channel wasn't in your package during broadcast. (721)"

Edited by kkl, 12 September 2013 - 06:57 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   juniormaj

juniormaj

Legend

• Registered
  • 540 posts
  • LocationNewbury Park, CA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

I will try this afternoon, as there are no day games to test today.

-Jr.
DirecTV since 1994

#3 OFFLINE   juniormaj

juniormaj

Legend

• Registered
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I tried this today with 3 games : Cubs/Reds on 735-1, Red Sox/Rays on 730-1, and Yankees/Orioles on 724-1.

I did not experience any of the issues described in the original post.

-Jr.
DirecTV since 1994

#4 OFFLINE   kkl

kkl

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

I tried this today with 3 games : Cubs/Reds on 735-1, Red Sox/Rays on 730-1, and Yankees/Orioles on 724-1.

I did not experience any of the issues described in the original post.

What software version are you on?  Mine is 0x740.  I tried again today and it happened with 721-1 (Royals/Indians) and 741-1 (Tigers/WhiteSox).  Did you see a flash of "All or part of this game was not recorded..."?

#5 OFFLINE   juniormaj

juniormaj

Legend

• Registered
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

I'm on the current release.

No flashes and no messages.

-Jr.
DirecTV since 1994

#6 OFFLINE   kkl

kkl

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

juniormaj, thanks for the info.  The only differences I can see from your "My setup" info is that mine is an HR44-500 and that I use an external drive.  I wouldn't think it would matter...but, anyone out there with an HR44-500 subscribing to MLB EI who can comment whether this does or does not happen to them?

#7 OFFLINE   kkl

kkl

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

One other feature of these  recordings that start live is that  they are shown as Partial.  Again, I think it is related to the "All or part of this game was not recorded..." message.  I have many Autorecords set.  I hope this isn't a symptom of the problem several of us have had with the HR24 and Autorecord.  I don't want to delete all 8 of them, but eventually will have to as a test if no one else chimes in.

#8 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,267 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

Are your autorecords recording on extra innings channels, in the 700's?  If so then likely the partials is in part related to the channel shutting off before the recording time ended.  Thats normal and expected and not an issue if It its on those channels.

#9 OFFLINE   kkl

kkl

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Are your autorecords recording on extra innings channels, in the 700's?  If so then likely the partials is in part related to the channel shutting off before the recording time ended.  Thats normal and expected and not an issue if It its on those channels.

Yeah, you're right.  I jumped to the wrong conclusion on that point. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genie, HR44, MLBEI, playback

Protected By... spam firewall...And...