Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HBO On Demand Missing Content

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

I just found out about an HBO documentary I'd like to see, "The Jazz Baroness." There's an HBO web page for it, but you can't find it on HBO Go or HBO On Demand. I was surprised at that as they otherwise seem pretty thorough in making just about everything they've ever done available in those contexts. Does anyone know of a way to contact HBO about content they're not making available on Go or On Demand?

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, Optical Audio to Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 3.41/.71 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,730 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

Well if you can't finding on the actual hbo go app ,then its likely not available to them. There's a very small amount of things they have aired they don't have the rights to,it could be that is one of them.. How old is it? Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#3 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

Yeah, that's probably it. It looks like it was originally produced in the UK since IMBD identifies the website for the documentary as a UK site independent of HBO. And it appears it was made in 2009 with a DVD that came out last year.

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, Optical Audio to Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 3.41/.71 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#4 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

I wish HBO GO had a bunch of its old series available, like "Dream On," "1st and 10," "Mr. Show" and "Tales from the Crypt."

#5 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

I checked on Amazon about getting the DVD for this documentary and, alas, it's only available in a European format - PAL is the acronym they use. Oh well, maybe HBO will air it again sometime in the future. But now it appears to be simply unavailable for us on this side of the (Atlantic) pond. And, by the way, for those who don't know, the Jazz Baroness was a Rothschild living in New York at the height of the Be Bop era who had an amazing life supporting classic jazz artists like Thelonious Monk. Sadly, two of the greatest jazz musicians of the middle twentieth century died in her apartment - Charlie Parker and Monk. Great story.

AU9, SWM8
Whole Home.

spam firewall