Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sony BDP-S5100 - setup with HR24 remote?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AndyInNYC

AndyInNYC

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

I just bought a Sony BDP-S5100 blu ray player.  I'd like to configure it on my HR24 remote as AV2.  When I go in to the programming screen (on screen from the DVR) I don't find this model or one close to it.

Does anyone have this model or a model like it so that I can come close/be right given the vast array of Sony DVD players available to pick from on the setup screen?

Thanks all.

Andrew

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

You can check http://www.directv.c...ms_remote_codes for your code other wise use code scan the same page will tell you the code I think it's 2 for Blu ray and dvd players (991, 2) than channel up as fast as you reasonably go and not miss the blu ray turning off then select to lock the code in.

Side note I personally recommenced keeping the bluray remote for use as the D* remote will only have basic functions in all likely hood. 

I am a former DIRECTV employee however all statements opinions, views, expressions, etc, are entirely my own even if logic says otherwise.

They DO NOT reflect on DIRECTV and or any partner, affiliated company's, polices, processes, opinions, or things that are not listed here.

Set up. HR24-200, HR24-200, HR22-200, H23-600. Whole Home, BBCCK, SL3 SWiM.

I have found that working with computers is like working with a toddler, sometimes there is no reason for the melt down, just keep on moving forward.

#3 OFFLINE   AndyInNYC

AndyInNYC

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Basic is generally OK - start, pause, stop, eject.  We typically just watch the movie, pause to get the popcorn, adjust the volume, etc.  The original will sit in a basket inside the coffee table by the couch - it will be there if we need it (by which time the batteries will be dead).

The box will arrive today and I will use the code.  The DTV website suggests 21516 - we'll see.

Thanks again.

Andrew

#4 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

No worries enjoy that new Blu-ray player they are nice.

I don't have that model but the picture is insane 

I am a former DIRECTV employee however all statements opinions, views, expressions, etc, are entirely my own even if logic says otherwise.

They DO NOT reflect on DIRECTV and or any partner, affiliated company's, polices, processes, opinions, or things that are not listed here.

Set up. HR24-200, HR24-200, HR22-200, H23-600. Whole Home, BBCCK, SL3 SWiM.

I have found that working with computers is like working with a toddler, sometimes there is no reason for the melt down, just keep on moving forward.

#5 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Only the rc65 remotes have code 21516.

aka Tivoburkee

#6 OFFLINE   compac

compac

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

Bump Anyone figure the code out for the newer models 
     bdps2100, bdps3100, bdps5100???

Only the rc65 remotes have code 21516.

July 2009 HD locals;dma 67, D* ...
HR20, HDMI connected DLP 62" MITSU

HR22-100, works well, TOSHIBA REGZA 32" 1080p HD LCDTV 32RV530U

vod, D*2PC, edgecutter, sometimes

#7 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

Bump Anyone figure the code out for the newer models 
     bdps2100, bdps3100, bdps5100???

Are they using a new code, or should just about any Sony DVD code work for basic functions? 

#8 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,174 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

No worries enjoy that new Blu-ray player they are nice.

I don't have that model but the picture is insane 

I have that model, don't use it.  Terrible remote and it's not in the same league as the Sammy BD players, I think.  

Rich

#9 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,174 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

I just bought a Sony BDP-S5100 blu ray player.  I'd like to configure it on my HR24 remote as AV2.  When I go in to the programming screen (on screen from the DVR) I don't find this model or one close to it.

Does anyone have this model or a model like it so that I can come close/be right given the vast array of Sony DVD players available to pick from on the setup screen?

Thanks all.

Andrew

Really have to love that tiny remote, don't you?  Can't blame you for wanting to switch to a different remote.  Hope it works out for you.  I've never seen the need for using a D* remote on a BD player, but on the 5100, I can see why you want to.

Rich

#10 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

Are they using a new code, or should just about any Sony DVD code work for basic functions?

Sony BD code is different. DVD codes won't work at all. 21516 is the only code that works and only exists in newer remotes.

All Sony BD players past and present use this code and only this code.

Edited by mdavej, 16 December 2013 - 11:31 AM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...